• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever play as your other gender?

Do you play as your other gender?

• Total voters

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
Years
  • Yes, I already did it for the fun. I think it's a way for you to see the world under another eye, and if a girl has always wanted to be a boy, it's good for her that she can realise this wish and vice versa. Even if it's only in the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I stick to my own gender while I'm playing the Pokemon games. I'd feel uncomfortable if I played as the opposite gender.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I prefer to stick with my proper gender. I know it might be fun to play as the opposite gender, however I don't find it as much fun as others. :\

RSMangaFan

Harley's Hat
    Years
  • I tried playing as the male character in my emerald version, but it was too weird for me, so I restarted and have since, in all games, played as my own gender (with the exception of Colosseum, of which you can only play as a male).

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
  • I play as whatever crosses my mind at the moment. I struggle to find a suitable name for my characters, anyway, so if the first I come across is female, I play with the female one, and if it's male, viceversa xD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I will play as the girl character mainly for the fun of it and for a change of pace. XD

When I was 14, it was rather amusing to see that the generic Beauties and Lasses from Crystal that came onto the male character still came on to the female character. XD

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • I remember doing it on my Emerald. I thought that there would be a twist when you pick the other gender, in my case Female. Nothing changed except the script. :<

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • All of the time, I NEVER play s the male unless I don't have the option (like in the games pre-Crystal, as well as Colosseum and XD).

The girls, IMO, always have the better designs (especially the one in my sig, lol). And as much as I don't care for the female B/W character, she's still better than her male counterpart.

Years
  • I have played as the female character on occasion before. Just for something different really.
    More often than not though I play as a male, my own gender.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Sure I do! Especially if I'll participate in contests(yes I do those sometimes XD). I don't know why, but it seems easier to make yourself do some things in game when you're playing as a female caracter...

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    Other than being forced to play the role of the male character in R/B/Y and G/S, nope.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I play whichever one looks better.

In Emerald, the female character looked horrible. Like she had some sort of endless bachache or was always bending down.

Diamond and SS' were fine, so I sticked to my own gender.

Diamond's male design reminded me of an old bald person that wore hats.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I play as whichever character (or sprite) I like better. I like the Brendan sprite better, so I pick him in RSE (however I dislike both Brendan and May as characters). I hardly ever pick Lyra in HGSS because UGH, and I have never been a boy in Crystal. Ever. :)

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I always stick with my gender, I don't see why other people pick the opposite gender.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Generally I play as my own gender. Sometimes I don't though...I've never got more than 4 badges before restarting and picking my own gender though...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It doesn't really make a difference, but I happen to prefer the opposite gender in most games, so that includes Pokemon. I don't really have a reason for this, but there can be a nice change with how the personal pronouns used to address the player character are different.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • I used to play as a girl because my brother once told me it would increase the chance of having a female starter pokemon to breed. I don't think that's true, so I usually play as a boy nowadays.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I'll usually play through the game as a boy, then if I ever want to play again after I beat the game, then I'll play as a girl. :p

Back