• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever see yourself buying useless crap?

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Ugh, I guess you could call it this, I buy things I think are useful and without thinking (impulse shopping I think it's called?) and usually ending up regretting the money I spent. I hate it (and it happened just recently too :P) this is why I am not looking forward to the credit card only world, I'll go broke fast...

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Depends on what it is. When I go to Japantown or Chinatown, I never fail to see something I like but if it's too expensive I deal with it and leave it there.

I do have those moments where I go, "I will save up my money to eventually buy a car!" *buys a 3DS a few days later* =w=

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
  • I actually don't like having a lot of material possessions. The things I still want to own (I have a lot of useless crap from a long time ago but I'm getting rid of it) are all useful things that I can't make use of without owning them. For instance I never see myself buying books or DVDs because I would rather use the library for books and Netflix for DVDs. But I buy a lot of video games. Even then, though, I just buy them used because I see no reason to buy something brand new for 150% of the price I could pay on something that's in perfect condition only without the shrink wrap (all my games are perfectly functional and my 3DS that I got on eBay for <$100 doesn't have a single scratch on it). So I think I'm actually really good at controlling my money. I don't like having things and even when I do want something I just buy it used. How savvy of me. xD

Years
  • I'll be like in the checkout line somewhere and just put a bunch of gum, candy and Slim Jim on the little conveyor belt at the last second. They just happen to put all the good stuff at the end. :P

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Not really, no. I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to money. I only buy what I need, and if I have a tad extra to spend, then I'll buy something I want. I usually live alone and earn my wage so I have to spend on priorities first without betting any useless crap.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • The $2 shop... gosh. Back when I was younger and didn't really have anything I wanted to save up for, just the littlest things would catch my eye and I would want to buy it.
    Now days, not so much since there are things I want to save up for so I've had to cut off buying the useless crap.

Years
  • Yeh, Yu-Gi-Oh! XDD

That is the biggest one for me really, but I really enjoy it so, whatever makes you happy. There are other random things too, but YGO is up there.​

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hahaha yeah I do that all the time.It's mostly food. If I have some change, I usually go buy some ramen for lunch, for 20 cents or a cookie at McDonalds. If I have more, a soda/fountain drink from QT or 7-Eleven.
    Then also Pokemon cards , or cheap art supplies like pencils and erasers or Sharpies. (Mini Sharpies FTW)

Back