• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Evolve Your Pikachus?

Do You Evolve Your Pikachus?

• Yes

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don't evolve my Pichus!

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    If anybody makes a comment about how I said "Pikachus"...

I'm playing through FireRed right now and I was lucky enough to encounter a Pikachu in Viridian Forest. I'm at the 5th gym now, and that same Pikachu is still on my roster, unevolved. Raichu can bite me.

I never evolve my Pikachus, it just feels morally wrong. I blame too much Pokemon anime from when I was younger. I played completely through HeartGold with a Pikachu (That evolved from a Pichu) that I never evolved into a Raichu. With the Light Ball I traded over it was a monster. It decimated everything in its path, but any move from whatever was in it's path was usually enough to KO it. :P

How about you?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Since Raichu outclasses Pikachu in every stat, then I don't see why not. The lesser mouse is highly overrated anyways. XD

It's not like I use the Pikachu family much anyways. There are a few better electric-types in the game. Namely, Magnezone and Electivire. :P

Last edited:

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    I always evolve my Pikachu, just to complete my Pokedex. I don't care about that electric rodent, I have much better Electric types, such as Jolteon, Zapdos, Raikou, Magnezone, Electivire and Rotom-Frost / Rotom-Wash. I just see Pikachu as something to complete my Pokedex.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Soon as it learns Thunder or Thunderbolt, that baby gets a Thunder Stone!

Years
    Soon as it learns Thunder or Thunderbolt, that baby gets a Thunder Stone!

This.

Although, I just evolve it with a Thunder Stone as soon as I catch it for my Pokedex. That depends on what game I am playing and how late Pikachu appears in that game.

Years
    Since Raichu outclasses Pikachu in every stat, then I don't see why not. The lesser mouse is highly overrated anyways. XD
    Pikachu is not necessarily the lesser mouse. With Light Ball it has higher attack (110) and special attack (100) than Raichu. (90, 90) Pikachu has the higher stats with this, since Raichu can't make use if the Light Ball.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    I normally do, simply cause I like how Raichu looks more then Pikachu. Take Soul Silver for Starters. I spent hours hunting down a surfing Pikachu in Yellow Forest on my Pokewalker, once I had one and brought it back onto my game, WHAM, thunderstone. screw Surfing Pikachu, I want a Surfing Raichu XD Didn't even have to wait till LV 26 for Thunderbolt, she came baring it already lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    I evolve it into Raichu and I'll just breed a few eggs and get a few pichu's. Pikachu is great and all, but he can be hard to get at times.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    In SoulSilver I literally have a PC box full of Pikachus from the Pokewalker route. I'll also always have a Pichu with both the Spiky-Eared and the Gamestop Pikachu-colored Pichu. The only thing I don't have...is a thunderstone. D:

Er, well, I actually have close to 50 Thunderstones on my Platinum, I just haven't transferred one over to SS yet. I'm sure once I'm not lazy I will and I'll have plenty of Raichus.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Definitely.
    I'm not an avid hater of Pikachu like some other people, but it's not my favorite either.
    I just like Raichu wayyy more.
    Hell, back when Ash fought Lt. Surge, I was rooting for Raichu to win.
    That thing was a beast.

I do have a box filled with random Pichus and Pichu eggs though, from when I was breeding for a good Raichu.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    I usually do, but sometimes I keep some pikachus. When I elove my pikachu I usually wait for it to become about lv. 40-45, so it has the attacks I want and then I may add one or two moves of Raichu's.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Maybe no if i get the Light Ball. Maybe yes if got no Light Ball

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I always evolved my Pikachu as soon as it learned the good moves. Although I might try battling with an unevolved one just for the challenge. Hmm...

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I evolved my Surfing Pikachu that I caught on my Pokewalker as soon as it learned Thunder. Then, I got myself a Thunder Stone and evolved it into a Raichu.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Most of the time, I will not evolve my Pikachu. There was only two games I evolved Pikachu, Ruby and FireRed. Other than that I don't evolve my Pikachu, as if it was a Raichu, it would ruin the awesome nickname I give to my Pikachu's, the nickname is "Pika" :D

Years
    I always dont evolve ONE for the Pokedex... otherwise, I evolve. Lt. Surge gave me too much of a love for Raichus!

Years
    I always evolve Pikachu. As soon as it has all moves it learns by level up I want it to have. Raichu isn't only stronger (unless you have that one super rare item), it also looks by far more awesome.

Back