• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you feel superior or inferior of others?

Years
  • I've been reading this side of forum for a while and I was wondering. How do you feel towards others?
    More importantly, how do you feel towards those you dont know, those who you see on streets or at college/work but dont really consider friends but acquaintances at most.
    The reason I ask is because what I noticed that so many people are nice here, but shy (shy, not quiet, there is a difference), so I'd like to know how you guys feel towards your surroundings.

I myself feel (probably a bit too much) superior over most of people around me (except for my closest friends who I see equally as I see myself). I am one of those who always feel like they are going to win. Funny thing is that I never show it to others, and I never hold a grudge (since obviously I dont win all the time) on someone nor do I treat them differently cos of that. Usually I am against cockyness and people who are full of themselves and continuously point it out, but that feeling of superiority has been very helpful to me since I also partly belong to the group of quiet ones as well.

So yeah, what about you guys?

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I feel pretty neutral, actually
    I try not to feel superior or inferior, because that kind of thinking is detrimental in both ways
    Confidence heals, arrogance kills

With people I don't know, I can quickly tell (usually) if we just "click" or don't get along whatsoever.
    With me, first impressions will linger until the next time I see you

Also, in school, I see everyone as either possible aids or enemies on the competitive front, especially if there's going to be a bell-curve kind of grading scheme

Years
  • I feel pretty neutral, actually
    I try not to feel superior or inferior, because that kind of thinking is detrimental in both ways
    Confidence heals, arrogance kills

With people I don't know, I can quickly tell (usually) if we just "click" or don't get along whatsoever.
    With me, first impressions will linger until the next time I see you

Also, in school, I see everyone as either possible aids or enemies on the competitive front, especially if there's going to be a bell-curve kind of grading scheme

As for the first bold text, spot on.

As for the second one, lmao. And I doubt you'r alone on that one haha

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • No matter what I do, I feel feel inferior to others, because the way my classmates shown their work makes me worry if I did mine wrong. Dunno if it's my style or I was taught the old fashion way long ago.

Years
  • I cannot say I feel superior all the time maybe just things that I feel confident about. Things like art or games stuff like that. Do I show it probably not because of the shy factor.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I always feel inferior to others, which I guess is a good thing. This pushes me to continually improve myself, be it grades or personality.

I'd rather feel inferior to others than superior, because I worry about complacency a lot.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I don't worry about my standing compared to others because life is not really a competition all the time and I see no need to treat it as such.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm shy, but that's not because I feel inferior to others.

I feel neutral when meeting people. Honestly I wouldn't say I think better of myself or I think less of myself compared to someone else. You're either just annoying and I don't want to talk to you or you're cool and I do..

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It just depends on the individual. I would be lying if I didn't feel superior to some people but at the same time I do feel inferior to people who are my age and doing ish like travelling the world and spending all of their time on vacation. Tbh I think the latter is more bitterness than inferiority, damn their easy lives lol.

As far as strangers and people I'm unfamiliar with, I'm pretty neutral with them. If I ever develop a superiority/inferiority feeling with someone it usually takes time for it to come up.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I'm neutral. Sure, I might be superior at some things compared to some people. However, those same people could wipe the floor with my sorry ass at a different activity.

I couldn't jump to conclusion when meeting new people for that reason. Life is definitely not a race or competition and circumstances could put you at ridiculous odds with others.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If someone has a skill that I share with them and project confidence in the skill, I'll assume they're better at it than I am. I'll also assume they know more about a skill I'm not versed in than they probably do. So I guess I would say I see myself as inferior in that way, but it's not really negative. I see it this way: either I'm right and they have a lot to teach me and will appreciate my humility, or I'm wrong and I impress them because I didn't make them expect too much.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    It depends on the person. There are people I feel like I'm better than. There are people who I feel that I'm equal to. And there are people I feel like I'm lesser than. It depends on if I view them as talented, if they're physically attractive, if they're charismatic, and pretty much every other adjective under the sun. But usually I don't start to compare my worth as a human being with them until I start to get to know them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I always feel inferior when it comes to History or Science classes but then I feel superior in Mathematics.

Besides school though, I consider myself an equal to everyone. I love equality. Of course there will always technically be superiors in terms of authority figures, but I guess I mean equality in more of a friends sense.

Years
  • Im just a bit social akward when I sometimes don't know what to talk about, It's not that I am shy and don't dare talk about it :P
    Anyone have any idea "what o talk about?" x)

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Only when I need to directly assess whether I'm better/worse than someone at something! I'm rarely competitive, but if I do have opposition I like winning. If my competitive side was flared up and I knew I was going to lose hard at whatever said competition was after my wee assessment, I'd probably avoid said competition. If I reckoned it was easy pickings, I'd go and kick ass. So, I guess I've felt superior/inferior to others whenever I've needed to consider things like that.

Years
  • I feel superior to most american people especially white and black people with low skill and only speak 1 language ( English) . The reason i feel superior than them because i speak more 1 than 1 language.
    And i have to live in another country that is noy my own so i have to be tough.

Wow are you kidding me? Seriously, every time I see your post.

Ontopic: It's really interesting to see everyone's opinion :D

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I feel superior to most american people especially white and black people with low skill and only speak 1 language ( English) . The reason i feel superior than them because i speak more 1 than 1 language.

Remind me never to face off against you, if it comes down to who can be the best petty racist. I feel my inferiority in that regard will be shown up in a most glaringly obvious manner.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    dogtree for president 2016

Years
  • Remind me never to face off against you, if it comes down to who can be the best petty racist. I feel my inferiority in that regard will be shown up in a most glaringly obvious manner.

I really try to avoid people like this guy. But seriously, every time I see he posted on somewhere, I already know it's either an insult or something racist. And even then, it still puzzles me when I actually read the post. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned by now. (and it's sad that he's not even a troll, but a 12-ish year old with like, zero respect for anyone)

Back