• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you guys still remember GBA and Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2023
    GBA (Gameboy Advanced) is one of my all-time favorites.

I still remember playing Pokemon on GBA I wonder if it's the same as the GBC version of if there are differences.

I played the first two games on GBA and they were really good turn based games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    pepperidge farm remembers

and I do as well because I'm old and started with Gen 1 on a GBC and still have my GBA SP and stuff

Years
    I sure do! Pokemon Emerald is quite possibly my favorite game, and i keep that catridge in a safe place. You are making me nostalgic to see all the old game boy and game color, carts because I owned all of those once upon a time, and it's good to see them again, especially the sparkly gen 2 ones. I miss those big, clunky and beautiful old cartidges with the close up of the mascot pokemon on the stickers. They felt so substantial.

Your gengar theme gba is awesome too btw, and you are lucky to have that custom. I appreciate you sharing these photos and your memories.

Years
    I had a Groudon themed GBA SP, but one day I had to go to the toilet and left it on the couch and came back to my mom having sat on it and it being broken... 🙄 seriously how hard is it to look at where you're about to sit before actually sitting? xD Anyway that mistake was never repeated...
    It got replaced by a regular... silver? GBA SP, which I still have and functions. I never had the regular GBA, just the SP version. I miss the Groudon themed one though... it looked a lot cooler. 😢

Years
    Well, I don't remember. I grew up with Nintendo DS and being my first console, it has a special place in my heart.
    But when it comes to Gameboy and especially Gameboy advance, I am really interested into it.
    Since I have played Pokemon emerald for the first time, I was conquered by the style and the overall aesthetic of the GBA games. The music, the graphics, even the cartridges really made me appreciate the console itself and the game era in general. I remember having my DS to play gba games, but I wanted something that could was closer to gba itself lol, so I had a neighbour who had a micro Gameboy and some games and he traded it to me while I gave him my finished Pokémon battle revolution game. Best trade ever lol. And I acquired sono other games too. Yet, I still want a proper gba so, which I have never had.
    It's fun how this thread is now open because I have been lately thinking to buy a gba so and buying more games lol.
    I think it's really interesting because I am not the kind of person that feels nostalgia of Gameboy era, since I haven't lived it at all lol, but I am still really curious of knowing more about it and explore it.

Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I got Sapphire shortly after release and played it a bunch back then. This was kind of at the end of my first Pokemon phase. I remember barely anybody played the games in my school, anymore. I did find one other kid at some point so we could talk about the games occasionally.

I also remember accidentally finding the secret chamber and then spending a lot of time deciphering the Braille. I didn't have any reference sheets or anything but still somehow managed to figure out what they were saying. ^^"

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Yes, I remember those days when I played the very old school games. However, I played them on my old teal Gameboy Color, which I surprisingly still have, and it still works. Although my first game was Pokémon Black, I have family members that gave me their old Pokémon games and systems, which included Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow, Crystal, Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, and the Gameboy Color and Nintendo 64 to play the games on! As a result, I got the chance to play old-school games a lot growing up.

Back