• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Do YOU Hate Him?!

Is Red very strong to you?

• He's a pushover; easy as ever.

Votes: 46 63.9%
  • Wow! A little more than I expected;not bad.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Ahhh!!!!!!!!! He's killing me!;impossible.

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

Chiyo

heh.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    I just made this thread to know how much you hate Red.
    I really hate him because his first Pokemon is a level 81 Pikachu :shocked:

By the way if you don't know him- he's the Champion of Kanto.
    I'm nothing compared to that guy :(

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    His Pikachu is nothing. If anything it proves that raising unevolved monsters to high levels means diddly squat in the long run. They're still rubbish.

Snorlax is probably his toughest team member if you come unprepared.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    If you can beat the pokemon league you can definitely beat this guy..
    And you can only get to him when you beated the league so
    it's easy.. :)

TeamRocket

And if you have all 16 badges. Really i didn't break a sweat battling Red. I thought it wasn't such a big deal.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 26, 2005
    well I was training there, didn't know he was there. So I talked to him, omg :o My Nidorino lvl 56 was no match for him :P And that was the only pok?mon I had with me -.- Ah well, after I went and got my best team, he was too easy.

TeamRocket

Well the mountain is restricted to the most powerful trainers only. I guess that Red was the only one admitted. Why else would he be there? Selling T-Shirts?

Poke'gangster

Banned
    Years
    I don't think red is a pushover. I also have a question?
    Do you have disabilities in the Poke'mon games.
    Your trainer dude never says a single word.
    Red doesn't say a single word eather!
    all Red says is .............................
    I really want to know wats up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe you're shy in the Pokemon in the game?
    who knows?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You were probably born without a voicebox...or you don't talk because you have a freakish voice...or you have no tongue so you can't bend the sounds that come out of your voicebox so it just sounds like a loud drone...or you have bad/no teeth...lots of possibilities...or maybe you just don't have a mouth? But then how would you eat...suck up liquified food through your nose???

Years
    sorry for asking but who exactly is red??????? i wanna know ive beat my gold version....i never saw a trainer named red...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    SKARMONY said:
    sorry for asking but who exactly is red??????? i wanna know ive beat my gold version....i never saw a trainer named red...
    then you haven't finish the game... Red is a trainer deep within Mt. Silver with a lvl 81 Pikachu (OHKO by a lvl 100 Chikorita razor leaf ;p). Strongest Pokemon is definitely not Pikachu, but Snorlax... (5 razor leaf... blah)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Red, not ash ;p Ash is a little boy who's tortured by the poor dubbing. Red can be either the boy in the manga, or the protagonist in RBY. The gameboy never draws reference to the anime except for gymleaders and so on (like Haruka is not exaclty named Haruka, but Sapphire)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Yellow edition gives you Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur just how Ash gets them in the anim?. And it has Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, and Pikachu following you, refusal to evolve. =p

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    Hm, at first I thought Blue was Gary, and all the other games had a similar theme. Red is Ash, same pokemon and everything. And as for talking, i guess nintendo wants to make it seem like you have lots of control over the game! And it can't make possibilities for every single thign you would say, so you say nothing! I've noticed it, but its never really bothered me. What would I say anyway? Haha, many I time I've been told i have nothing good to say...wait, thats a bad thing isn't it?
    [edit] - Oh yeah! I beat him by the way, haha. I think i used an Alakazam to hynotize them, then psycic them to death- mwahaha! That and dream-eater. Which is intresting, cause I never really liked psycic pokemon x_x

Evee Trainer

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2004
    Have you ever tried using all types of Eevee's? Beeing an Eevee Trainer I used all the types of Eevee's at L55(and a bit higher) plus a L50 Donphan i found in MT. Silver and he was easier than beating a L10 Magikarp!

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    welll.... red is no problem, as long as typlhosian, dragonite, and mewtwo are with me.

Back