• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hate when your name is taken?

Do you hate when your username is already taken?

• It has happened to me and I hate it.

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • It has happened to me, but I don't care.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • It has never happened to me.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • It has never happened to me, but it would be annoying.

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Soundash

RolePlaying Vagabond
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2007
    Fortunately it never happened to be yet, and I would hate if it did, mainly because Soundash is the name I created from scratch and use it everywhere. Because the name is my own, there is no mistake and no confisuon about it, the only Soundash around that ever was is me, so it would piss the hell outta me if I found that there was another person with the name.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Never experienced that. Neither of my internet aliases are very common and I don't think it'd be such a big deal if it happened since I find it very hard to believe that both my names would be taken on a forum.

Years
    Yes, I do. My user name and slight variations of it are very common, especially on the bigger sites, where with millions of people registered, I shouldn't expect it not to be taken.

Years
    I've never had this happen to me as my usernames tend to never spread about, and plus I have five back up names incase this ever happens. If I ever run into that error message it's usually because I forgot that I registered on that forum.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    No, I absolutely love when people take my name or username anywhere :) I just get warm tingles evvvvverywhere.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I've become used to it (think: my nickname are just three letters, so it's bound to be taken anyway), but I always have some alternatives around (but, still, it's not something too nice to go changing your nickname into something you do not enjoy that much...)

Guess it's my fault for picking a nickname from an anime character...

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I have to think that something as simple as "Marz" wasn't taken. I mean, this forum's been up since 2002, and a simple four letter word, variation off of one of the most known planets, wasn't taken? But I'm glad I got it -- I sign up usually as Marz, or Marz-something-

It does usually annoy me when I can't get a username I want. I usually have a really good one in mind D:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Despite my tendency to take my usernames from anime, games, and TV shows, my username choices are almost never taken the first time around. If one name is taken, I just adopt another and move on.

Years
    I haven't run into it. I've only seen one other person that has used Sammi on the Internet, and that's on SPPF. Then again, I don't go around much.
    I bet she was pissed when she tried to join and found out I'd stolen her name, hahaha...XD;;;

As for my other standbys, as far as I know, they're never taken. :x

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I have no problems with usernames. My usernames usually consists of two words, and my emails three. Somehow I am quite fond of long usernames. I have different usernames for everything I signed up, and so far, none of my usernames are taken.

Years
    Yes. I didn't happen here, (of coruse) but at www.funtrivia.com, the name "videogamegirl" was already taken, so I went with "videogamechick". If you see my profile, you would never think we were the same person, but oh well, I got banned, but whatever, I was FT's most hated member anywho...

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I've never had this username taken, but I did have my old one taken on a different site. Since I like to keep things regular, I made them all President Showaddywaddy.

No one in their right mind would take my current one though.

(NB: Ya Tah! 100 posts!)

Back