• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you have a dedicated Capture pokemon?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I posted on this when it was a new thread but I guess I hit an error.

I use:
    Gallade @ Wide Lens
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
    False Swipe
    Hypnosis
    Mean Look
    Thunder Wave

False Swipe is for damage, Hypnosis to sleep, Mean Look to trap, for those immune to Sleep/Hypnosis. Wide Lens is for Hypnosis accuracy and the EV are to make it hit as hard as possible while outspeeding everything

Breloom is also another good choice as it can learn False Swipe and Spore. You can use it's ability Poison Heal and give it a Toxic Orb to give it healing and make it immune to status which is really helpful, especially in Legendary battles. You can also use Technician to increase the base power of False Swipe.

On Gallade I always use Adamant as it's Speed is higher than it's Attack. On Breloom I always use Jolly as it's Attack is higher than it's Speed. Which I use in a game depends on which I can catch earlier. Gallade tends to be better in Gen 2 remakes and Gen 4 due to running Legendaries. Poison Heal Breloom is probably better in Gen 6 when you're going to catch Recover Mewtwo.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
    Years
    I use Scyther with false swipe to catch pokemon. But I might switch to a parasect.

Back