• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a fire alarm?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Firstly, this was not inspired by the fire thread. But yeah, do you have a fire alarm, and does it actually work? And, when was the last time the fire alarm actually went off, or hasn't it done so yet? Oh, and, was there an occasion when it went off at an inappropriate time?

The last time my fire alarm went off would have been in about May 2008 or so - when Pop burnt the toast. Many other things have been burnt since then, and the alarm hasn't made a sound, so at least it's not sensitive. I remember though... one night when my cousin slept over, the fire alarm went off, and well, I was young then... not being able to get to sleep until like 11:00 PM was bad. :(

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    My apartment complex has one lying around somewhere, I'm not exactly sure where, but nowhere close by.. The only notable incident when I can remember it going off was a few months back, when the whole complex was gassed for killing mosquitoes in the late afternoon, and my family hightailed out of there. Otherwise, it's been quiet. V_V

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    We have a fire alarm outside of my room. It goes off several times a year when my mum cooks. Haha.

Years
    Who doesn't have a fire alarm? o_O Ours goes off fairly regularly - pretty much whenever something's being cooked in a pan and the door between our kitchen and our hallway (where one of our alarms is) is open. It's very sensitive, but frankly I'd prefer that to the opposite. xD;

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    Hasn't worked since hurricane katrina because it was beeping and i ripped it out of the roof and well ya know placed it back but it doesn't do anything.

Ayselipera

I have one upstairs and downstairs along with Carbon monoxide detectors. The one downstairs goes off almost everytime I open the woodstove. :|

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Our last Fire Alarm was crap, whenever a spider or moth went near it, it went off,
    However when the firemen came to our house they gave us two for free =D
    So now our problem is solved XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Probably, like most people who live in a house, I do have a fire alarm. Luckily, it isn't outside my room, but downstairs near the kitchen. It's funny this discussion came up, because our fire alarm went off just a couple weeks ago. It was on a Saturday morning (a cold one) when my sister, and two little cousins were up watching TV and making themselves breakfast. One of them happened to have been making Bagelfuls on a plastic plate in the microwave. It apparently was left in there for about 10 minutes rather than 10 seconds.

...With that being said, I woke up to a strong burnt aroma and a loud buzzing noise with smoke everywhere in the kitchen. The alarm gave trouble to shut off, but the smoke cleared up after we opened the windows and doors (did I mention it was cold and breezy too?). Though, it was a day to remember, but that was the last time it went off recently and hopefully the last. @_@

Years
    Yup, I do have a fire alarm.

The last time it went off was in August, I remember this because it went off at like 3AM, it woke me right up. There was no fire thankfully.

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
    I'm pretty sure we have one... somewhere.

Never had a fire other than my mom lighting some curtains so they never beeped unless we were testing them which it has been a while since we did that.

Years
    No, I don't have one.
    I have no idea what my parent's reason for not buying one was, or if they just forgot it...

I have experiences with burning things inside the house though
    it's over ten years ago, but at that time, one would have been very useful.
    First the microwave caught fire one day when my mother forgot some fish in it. Only some weeks later, the toaster also caught fire, I forgot why. Luckily both could be extingusihed with wet dishtowels.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    We have one, but I don't think we've changed the batteries since 2005. Oh well, with my mom's strict rules, no one would dare burn anything. XO

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    We do. And we have those little sprinkler thingies on the ceilings.

But they never went off. Cause my dad, Mr. Firefighter is so epic at not starting fires.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Yes we have a fire alarm and it is working. The last time it went of was like June 2009 so when I joined PC. It goes off when there is just steam. I know stupied right. It annoys me when it goes off.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    We used to have one right in the kitchen. Unfortunately, it kept beeping every time we opened the oven door. My dad took that down, but the support ring is there nailed over the doorway...

My parents set up one in the upstairs hallway right near my door. That one has never beeped since installation.

Years
    Fire alarm is in the hall of the first floor in our apartment building.
    Each unit has two smoke detectors. They go off a few times a month. Usually due to cooking or microwave popcorn.
    When they go off, someone home grabs a pillow and billows away at the smoke detector for a few minutes for the open windows to ventillate the unit.

Back