• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a HM slave?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Bibarel: The ultimate HM Slave, but I don't use it. I rather spread it all out on different Pokemons such as Sharpedo, Golem, Machamp, etc..

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Although with the move deleter problems become a little more easier to avoid, I'd have to say Biberal, along with everyone else.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    On platinum i do, but it was an accident.

Machamp
    Rock Climb/Rock Smash/Strength/Revenge

Fly, surf, and waterfall are good for attacking with so i don't need a slave for them.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    In DPPt, I use my Bibarel as an HM slave. I even nicknamed him 'HM Slave'.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    I use a Machop for Rock Smash and Strength, a Budew for Cut, a Drifloon for Defog and a Floatzel for Waterfall/Surf.

I don't use Floatzel unless I'm too lazy to dig around my PC and look for my main Surfer, because I have a lot of different Pokemon in my team currently (mainly because I'm preparing to get Wi-Fi and then battle other people. Hurrhurr.)

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    I prefer the term "swiss-army-knife pokemon" over HM slave. Not for expediency, obviously, lol, but rather I read that term back when G/S were brand new in one of the game guides. It was referring to Furret, because it was handy for learning many HMs.

And using a pokemon for only HMs makes me feel guilty enough without just using the poor thing as a tool so blatantly! Yes, I'm a bit of a dork, haha.

Generally in D/P/Pt I've had a Bibarel on the team for two or three HMs and spread the rest around (I hate HMs anyway, I can't believe how much space they take up) because I get a huge kick out of the move Yawn, and always want to keep it.

Now I'm replaying Leaf Green and specifically going through with pokemon I've never user before (Parasect and Hypno among others) and while I was thinking about the team I checked to make sure my choices could distribute the HMs between them. It still irks me to have to use them at all, but I want ALL six of my slots for battling with.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    My HM slaves in the Pokemon games

In R/S/E, I use Zigzagoon, Linoone and Marill.
    In FR/LG, I use Raticate and Marill.
    In D/P/Pt, I use Bidoof, Bibarel and Gligar.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    In D/P/Pt I use Bidoof/Bibarel
    R/S/E it's Zigzagoon/Linoone
    And FR/LG I don't think I actually have one set HM slave tbh

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
    definetly! when i do speedruns i have hp slave hm slave and the pokemon i started with. Its probably the easiest way to get through the game without ruining a good pokemons 4 moves. I do recommend hm slaves to those of you trying to beat the game quicker and hp slaves to those of you who rely on only one pokemon to do your fighting.

Back