• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a pokemon of sentimental value to you?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say Steelix due to how much I adored its design back in GSC and when it proved to be a competent team member in-game during my time in Diamond and even today in White, feels like a longtime acquaintance that I feel that I can rely on when I need em the most sometimes though but that may be the nostalgia factor talking there but oh well.

There's also Blastoise since Squirtle was my first ever starter and I still reminisce about how much ass my Blastoise owned by the time it evolved, and of course Dragonite due to how long it took to raise only to give rise to a nigh unstoppable behemoth back in the day. Those are just a few examples though given how I'm a sucker for nostalgia nowadays lol.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I guess Poliwhirl. My friend Amy gave me one as a plushie for my 7th birthday and I had it ever sense. Poliwhirl is one of my favorite Pokemon and I think of the fun times I had playing with that plushie.

Bika

lmfao
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    It's random, but Magnemite. When I was a wee lass I found a Magnemite magnet half buried in the sand at the playground. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I kept it on my fridge. I found Pokemon a few months later, and found Magnemite again shortly after that.

It's not very often that a Pokemon like Magnemite is your very first Pokemon :3

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2013
    Heracross. First time I played Ruby I managed to catch one in the safari and it looked pretty cool so I put it on my team. I used him as my frontline guy for the Elite Four, and he essentially swept the whole group until Stephen finally felled him with his Metagross. He has since become my favorite pokemon of all time, and I always name it Ike after the Fire Emblem character.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • I have quite a few. My Empoleon on Platinum, which I inexplicably named Romeo, was the first Pokemon I ever got, as Platinum was my first game. He was also the only poke' that I've ever trained to lvl100. In addition, my Milotic on Black is kind of special as it took me FOREVER to catch that thing and I had always wanted one...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I have sooo many important Pokemon. I would cry if my game got deleted or something bad happened to my precious Pokemon. :( Here's just two of my babies:

Latias is really important to me. I remember running into her in Sapphire, falling in love with her, anddd chasing her around Hoenn until I captured her. xD I kept restarting games and catching more and more Latias... I kept them in Emerald (or later, some in Pearl). I have quite the collection! I ALWAYS wanted a shiny Latias. I must have traded for a handful of shiny Latias now. :)

Whimsicott is also very important to me. I instantly fell in love with its design when it was revealed. I wanted to buy Black so I could catch a Cottonee in-game. When I first entered Pinwheel Forest, which is pretty much the first area to capture Cottonee... I encountered a shiny Cottonee! My mind was completely blown! I caught her and she's on my team too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    A few, for sure.

Always been a fan of Alakazam, just because he was a badass in my first team, and I've always thought he was a freaking cool Pokemon. Same goes for Gengar.

I'll always have a soft spot for Pikachu - Yellow was my first game, and I stuck with him through to level 98 (in 2 weeks, while I was in Greece nonetheless aha).

Also, Arcanine. My ex girlfriend loved Growlithe, and I got my love of Arcanine from that.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    There's only two at the moment I can think of; one is Tyranitar, for leading my Pokemon against my brother's team when we frequently battled each other during GSC, particularly against his Mewtwo. Oddly enough, I've yet to train another since then, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

The other would be Garchomp; I had one lazily nicknamed Chompy which became the first Pokemon I raised to level 100. It's not really much of an achievement, but it is for lazy ol' me. I just really liked its design to the point where I was more motivated than usual to actually train it, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2012
    I had a Growlithe that I loved to pieces. When I got FireRed I caught one and it almost replaced my starter. When HGSS came out I got HeartGold and caught a Growlithe. It frickin' swept the floor with the Elite Four. I evolved it eventually, but it had a place in the nerdy side in my heart.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • Geodude. He always just popped out when I needed him the most it seemed, and was always on my team. I doesn't matter which game I want to play, he'll be somewhere, often close to the start ^_^ (Hoenn, my favorite region funny enough, is the only one I can't get one almost instantly though....)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • While it's not my absolute favourite Pokemon ever, any more, the fact that Lapras in GSC was such a rare and exclusive beast - only coming out to swim on Fridays - always endeared it to me. Having to wait and work so hard for a Pokemon was, to my 11-year-old self, a real game changer; when I eventually caught one, it was like I'd seen the proverbial light to some weird-ass religion of Lapras. It became my prized critter of those years, and still holds a place in my heart to this day.

Years
  • A close of friend of mine was playing pokémon on his DS and I remember watching over his shoulder with interest - he faced a wild Poliwag and when it did Double Slap the animation made me laugh so hard that I've always had that association between Poliwag and my friend lol :)

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Well, it's quite recent, but mine has to be Mewtwo in my SS.

Because of all the rumors of the "uncatchable Mewtwo", I was so freaked out when I finally decided to catch Mewtwo - except that I had used my master ball already! So I just thought "well, it's all or nothin" and I went into cerulean cave (is it right? correct me if wrong). After 30 mins of wandering, I finally found the purple humanoid of death. The first try catching it, my whole team got wiped out by it. The second try, I caught it with 3 ultra balls. I must say, I was quite pissed (thx pokemon handbook) that I was tricked for 10 years, but I think the fact that I got tricked makes this incident even more memorable.

Oh yeah, and that was my first Mewtwo. I had never seen his sprites, animations, moves, cry, etc. Probably one of the most important days of my personal pokemon history :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    I have like 7 Pokemon that are the ones I would choose over anything else.But I will only mention 3 of them in detail.

the first one would have to be Typhlosion he was my favorite starter of all time,he was a pure Fire type and was able to learn Thunder Punch which made him a wrecking crew even against water types back in the day.

for the second(kinda sad to say) would have to be Raticate, to this day it is still one of my favorite Pokemon of all time,from want I see people saying about it all the time,gives it a bad rep,but he always got the job done for me in the end and where it was fast it was able to take out pesky ghost and psychic types with bite and or crunch .

the third one is Nidoking who I will always name Tyrant.he is a force to be reckoned with(to me anyway) I use to build competitive teams based around him.I would give him megahorn and earthquake,and then watch those he was up against go down with little effort.

here are the other Pokemon that i hold most dear to me but I won't go into detail with them.

Sandslash
    Dodrio
    Jolteon
    Arbok

and yes they are all first gen except Typhlosion.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I agree with Spoofus about Raticate and Nidoking: They can pack a punch. First time I actually trained a Ratatta and a Nidoran♂ to their final evolution, I got quite attached to them. My Nidoking in FireRed is one of the few Pokémon I actually remember having trained. : >

But the real sentimental-valued Pokémon? That has to be Typhlosion. It's my favourite Pokémon, and therefore any Typhlosion I have kind of wiggles itself to the top of my favourites. I kinda wish I had a Typhlosion plushie. |D

Another one would be Raichu. I never cared much about its famous pre-evo, but Raichu was adorable. I have a plushie of him (which I had for almost 10 years, I think) and I still think it to be adorable. I once lost it, and gosh, was I freaked out. Refinding it certainly made me happy!

Next one is Crobat (♀ - Kai). Ever since I trained one in Emerald, Crobat proved to be a real Ninja. When I play a game, and Zubat's are available, I make sure to add one to my team. But it always has to be female, and I'll name it Kai.

And then there's the few Pokémon that I caught on my first play-through of Black. I never cared much for bug Pokémon, but catching and training a Venipede and training it to a Scollipede, was kind of an eye opener for me. I adore that Pokémon.
    Same for Zebstrika, well, it started with Blitzle. Ever since the Pokémon was revealed, I knew I had to have one. I even made an evolution for it. It didn't have much in comon with Zebstrika (besides being an electrical horse/zebra thing), but I was pretty hyper when Zebstrika was released.
    Then my computer crashed and my black file was removed, which got me pretty upset. I asked a friend of mine to hack me a shiny Blitzle (♀ - Aurora) and I love her to bits. <3
    She'll always remind me of him, so it's kind of a nice memory. ^_^
    And last but not least is Serperior. I've fallen in love with that Pokémon. BT

It shouldn't be a surprise that all of the earlier mentioned Pokémon made it to my team in the first OCT that I joined on dA. Over the past 1,5 years, they have developed a certain personality, behaviour and background story, so I'm even more attached to them now. <3 (My team)

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Cyndaquil. The first Pokemon game I played was Mystery Dungeon Blue. And I got Cyndaquil. I pick him whenever doing a HG/SS playthrough. Totodile will just never compete.

katiekun11

I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!
    Years
  • My Charizard, who's been with me since Fire Red. I won't let ANYONE have him, even if they offer me an extremely rare/shiny Legendary I don't have. I'd rather keep him. =D

Back