• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Have a Special Pokemon for Catching?

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Do You Have a Special Pokemon for Catching?

A Pokemon you only use for catching the legendaries, in the bug contests or just generally difficult catches?

Mine is a Gallade.
    He knows: Hypnosis / Mean Look / Swords Dance / False Swipe

How about you?

masterlink

bring it on!
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    i use absol with false swipe then catch the thing unless its something hard likearceus and giratina, i bring a pokemon with a move to put them asleep

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I have a bunch :P
    My primary one is the same as yours, except my Gallade has Protect instead of Swords Dance. I also have Sneasel(s) with False Swipe and a Wobbuffet on both Platinum and SS.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I just use my Umbreon. He knows toxic+confuse ray = pwnd. There is no escaping my pokeball after a hit from these two moves+ another if needed. Other than him, it depends on what pokemon I want to catch. If it's weaker leveled then I use my Umbreon, if not then I use one of my more powerful pkmn to weaken it up before the catch.

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
    The Pokemon I usually use for catching legendaries is my level 58 Tropius, because it's the perfect level, I call HER Billy Jean, after that song from Michael Jackson, she knows the attacks, Aerial Ace, Whirl Wind, if something isn't what I want, Grass Knot for balanced attacks, and Fly for transportation. I use grass types, but I'm not taking any monotype challenge, it's just a think I've been doing, I still "Catch em' all!".

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Yup.

My Gallade. False Swipe/Thunder Wave. I transferred it from my Platinum. Always keep it on my team just in case a certain shiny comes my way. I came across a shiny Pidgey in SS and luckily I had my Amphoras on my team, with Thunder Wave. He was my previous catcher.

Years
    I have two. One for high levels and one for low.

The first is a Pachirisu (traded as an egg from Diamond) with Thunder (useless for catching), Discharge (has a high chance of causing paralysis), Sweet Kiss (confusion!), and Super Fang, which is second only to False Swipe for weakening without killing.

The second is a standard Parasect with Spore, Stun Spore, False Swipe, and an attack for when I'm not catching.

But usually, 5 hits with Super Fang plus a status effect is enough, even for legendaries.

Years
    I have a lv100 mew with syncronize and adamant nature. It knows:
    -Thunderwave
    -False swipe
    -Fly
    -Rock climb

I needed rock climb at that time, so I taught it that, and never got rid of it since.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    A Scizor for False Swiping and an Ampharos for paralysis. Other than that, I use my other Pokemon to stall while throwing Pokeballs at it. Zapdos was practically helpless when I have my Electivire out. XD

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I usually use any Pokemon on my team that is around the same level as the wild Pokemon.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    I have just started the game now so,
    Totodile = Bite + Scratch = 1 or 2 hp left.
    Mareep = Thunder Wave = For fireworks Paralyzing.
    ROFL :D

Last edited:

ThisPowerIsAtomic

[Insert Catchy Title Here]
    Years
    I usually use Infernape, since for whatever reason his Cut attack never seems to do enough to even take out a lvl. 30 pokemon (him being at the mid 50's) or I'll just use Absol's False Swipe, and sometimes Ampharos just to paralyze.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    As of yet, I'm getting my Farfetch'd to the required level to be able to agility|Swords Dance|False Swipe Mewtwo into Kingdom Come! It'll also be accompanied by a Put-to-sleeper. Just for the extra added Catch Rate.

Back