• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a Wii U?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you do, then do you like it? What games do you have for it? What's your favorite game so far?

I have one. I bought it for $450, which, for me, was very expensive since I have a low income. As for games, I have Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, Assassin's Creed III, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and Mass Effect 3: Special Edition. Out of all these games, my favorite is New Super Mario Bros. U. It's so much fun, I could play it for hours! The only thing that I don't like about this game is their co-op mode. It's quite frustrating when your friends run around in different directions.

Last edited:

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • I've got one. Don't use it very often, still waiting for some big games to hit store shelves.

Lego City Undercover (Load times severely hurt this game. Could have been fantastic.)
    New Super Mario Bros. U (Standard 2D Mario.)
    Nintendo Land (It's good, but nothing special.)

Plus an assortment of Wii titles.

Games coming out soon that look interesting to me...

Sonic Lost World (Oct 22)
    Rayman Legends (Sept. 3)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts (Nov. 5)

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • no i don't have one, i just feel like it's just a wii with an ipad/3ds connected to it. sometimes i wish i did get one, the games look sweet especially with the pokemon rumble wii u.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I don't have one, but some of these upcoming games are tempting me. That $350 price tag is the only thing stopping me from getting one. I'll probably end up getting it in a year or two, just like I did with the original Wii.

Games that I would buy for it:
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (I played the original for a short while, so I'd like to finish it in HD).
    • Pokémon Rumble U
    • New Super Mario Bros. and Luigi U
    • Mario Kart 8 (anti-gravity it's like Crash Nitro Kart all over again :*) )
    • Super Mario 3D World

So far it's Nintendo exclusive games, but I'm hoping that will change in the future.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I don't have one, as the only exclusive I'm interested in is Rayman Legends and I've played it at one of my friends house. I like what Nintendo was going for in a unique console that has some feature setting it apart from the competitors, and I think it worked relatively well. I don't think it's worth the purchase in my case, but if I had the opportunity to own one, I wouldn't turn it down. Because of being such a big supporter of Nintendo, I tend to not be too quick to judge when it comes to their products.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I don't have a Wii U, but I'd love one haha. A lot of the games being released for it are right up my alley, but I've been told the console itself is pretty sucky so I've not rushed to buy one just yet. I'm hoping for a price crash as the sales (from somewhat unreliable sources!) have been pretty bad, as far as I've heard? So with any luck I'll be able to pick one up somewhat cheaply soon and buy a bundle of games with it for the money saved. New Super Smash Bros, here I come!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I may get one after the honours part of my uni ends, when I'll have more time to play both it and my 3ds games. Pikmin 3 is at the top of my list of games to get for it. I certainly look forward to it - what I've tried of it before was pretty enjoyable.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
  • I own a Wii U along with 2 games.. Super Mario Bros and Pikmin.

I actually completed the story in Mario earlier today. Great game. Now it's time to collect the coin stars!

Pikmin 3 is fun too , just a little challenging.

I'm really looking forward to games like .. 3d Mario Land, Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong and Mario Kart 8.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I do not, and while the library continues to lack anything that interests me, it'll probably be that way till next year. I'll get one eventually, just not anytime soon. Mario Kart 8, the new SSB game, the Megaten x Fire Emblem, and the new Xeno game are games that will force to buy it at one point; interested to give the new Dragon Quest MMO a shot too.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I go the Wii U in May for my birthday, haven't played it at all though, I have Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U, I'm planning to play it after I finish all 3DS games first, as well as GBA and NDS (all of which are Pokemon titles) ...
    I plan to get Pokemon Rumble U since I enjoyed Rumble Blast on the 3DS, I haven't finished it fully either.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I got one for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as the 3DS version didn't have on-line multiplayer. I like the GamePad but I'm still waiting for more games for it. I am considering saving up for Pikmin 3 though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Yes, I have one. So far, the only games I've gotten for it are Assassin's Creed III and Darksiders 2, though. I've also been using it for Netflix, and as a backup TV remote.

The ability to play games on the gamepad while the TV is in use, comes in handy for me since my Mom watches TV all day. Then at night, I can enjoy the games on my TV. Not to mention, watching Netflix on the Gamepad is a LOT better than watching on my 3DS.

I think it's been pretty underrated, honestly. But that's just me.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I want one, but I'm putting it off because there's only one game out right now that I want (Pikmin 3), I honestly can't think of any games that I want that are coming out later this year. At this point I think I'm better off waiting until the latter half of 2014.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I do have one, buuut all I have for it so far are Tekken Tag Team and Super Mario Bros Wii U.
    I'm really excited for the games like Super Smash Bros Wii U and Mario Kart 8 coming soon, so, I can add those to my empty collection. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think I'll be putting off getting a Wii U for a while. Right now I want a PS3 more than a Wii U because there are more games that I want for it (Symphonia Chronicles being the main one, but there are others as well) whilst so far there is only one game that I want for the Wii U and that is Pikmin 3. So I'll probably hold off wanting to get one until there are more games that I want (or maybe a Tales of Game it always seems to work that way with consoles idk).

Back