• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have any funny traditions with your friends?

사랑해

I'll back off so you can live.
Years
  • I just came back from summer camp, and I have come out with new "traditions," "inside jokes," or just weird things that I do with friends. What kinds of odd things do you do with your friends? For example, whenever we're done with praying before a meal, we say "Boom! Let's eat." It's one of those, "you have to know the whole story" things. But, I'm curious to see what everyone else does with friends. Feel free to tell the story behind it, or not.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Uhhh. We say odd little code words I guess. Like I came up with this big 'ol thing and we're pretty much potatoes. Then I said something to one of my friends on the internet and now he's a potato. n_n

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My friends and I all watched the Jersey Shore episode of South Park and now any time I do something different from the rest of them they all ask "Is is a Jersey thing?" lol. Also they have a habit of calling me a lush and pretending I'm drunk all the time because of me drinking like 1.5 glasses of wine during a six-hour gaming session and feeling like it was a big deal because I literally never drink.

Also we have a tradition of getting together during school and watching the new Adventure Time episodes, does that count?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    We have a bonfire every year at the same time, regardless if it's raining. It's actually pretty fun, we just spend the night looking up at the stars. And ordering 20 pizzas. But, it was yesterday and I wasn't able to go unfortunately :/

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • My best friend and I have tons xD there's one where we say, "FLOWERS." It doesn't make sense because it's a "you had to be there" thing.
    Also, we have this thing where we watch Studio Ghibli films together and we commentate during it, which results in tons of lulz.

And I call another one of my friends, "Super Hero Cherryman" whenever he wears his red sweater. We also randomly yell out, "JOLLY RANCHER" because that's what we think Mewtwo would say instead of his species name.

I could go on with these, but I'm probably just going to end up spamming the heck out of this thread.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • We have this thing where we say "No. Go to bed." When we get annoyed/upset or just for the heck of it.
    I cant really explain it, you have to be there to get it.

And we have a ton of other stuff too~

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
    Years
  • Rather than saying "cool" or "awesome", me and my friends would instead scream out, "I'M SO RADICAL!!!!!!!"

Years
  • Every once in a rare while a good friend will text me with just "Lance!" One night when we were hanging out I mentioned I thought the name was hilarious and thus the joke was born. It makes me giggle even years later. :) I need to talk with her sometime :(

Years
  • Someone who is kind of a friend, but not really anymore went to England a while back and when he came back he kept saying "quite" all the time even when it wasn't really the right word to use, but I guess he thought it made him seem more English. Now, we make an effort to say it a lot, too, and whenever one of us says it (not in his presence of course - we don't really see him anymore) we all laugh.

Most of my traditions with friends are lines from movies and things taken out of context.

Back