• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen do you have your old team from previous games on d/p?

do you have the same team in d/p that you had in older games?

• yes

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • no

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • some

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
    do you have your old team (meaning species, not the same exact pokemon) from the older games on diamond/pearl?

for me, i forgot my old teams from the color and metal versions
    in sapphire i had flygon, latias, rayquaza and claydol
    i only kept one, flygon, with the same moveset too (except dragon claw has been replaced by dragon pulse)

what about you?

Last edited:

☼Charlie☼

要素のマスター
    Years
    I was originally going to do that but after seeing all the cool new pokemon, I decided to only keep some of them.

Years
    Nope, I don't have my team on d/p because I didn't have any of the Advance games when I bought Diamond. Even then, I wouldn't migrate my old team because they aren't EV Trained.

Years
    I would not want to trade my lvl 100 babies onto DP so that they cannot be traded back when i want to restart my DP.
    Unless...i breed them and trade the babies onto DP then raise them to lvl 100, which i cant be bothered doing, when i already have a party growing throught the game.
    So the answer is no.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    My old team was candied to death. So tragic. I had to train up new ones, as I was just learning about EVs when D/P was announced.

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    I have the same exact Pokemon (except my future Celebi). They weren't on my team all at once back than though. But, for as long as I've had them I think that should count.

Last edited:

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
    I belive with newer pokemon Around you'll be hard pressed to find anyone using the same team from older games

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
    I use my original team minus two. On my R/S/E team, I had a Lv.100 Kyogre and Groudon that were somewhat weak. I left them on my old game and am still experimenting with the last two places. As of now, I've got a Gallade and a Dusknoir. Actually, my Ralts and Duskull came from my Ruby version, so I guess you could say I use all Pokemon from my older game, even though you can't get Gallade or Dusknoir in R/S/E. It depends on how you look at it, I suppose. But since my other experimental two Pokemon were only from D/P, and I may not be done toying around, I voted "Some."

Aymundo

Poke'king
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    i maxed ev trained soooo may pokemon i decided to keep some and train some new ones ! lol

Toshinden

Up-and-coming
    Years
    The last PKMN game I played before Diamond was Red, so... really, I was only able to intelligently keep 2 members of my original team. My all-star line-up from Red consisted of Alakazam, Jolteon, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Poliwrath, and Dragonite. Since I don't want to be a legendary-whore in Diamond, I decided to limit my use of legendaries to 1, with a substitute just in case rules didn't permit the use of any. Alakazam, Zapdos, and Dragonite all stood the test of time. As much as I'd like to say that I use a Jolteon on my team still, he just doesn't compete with the newer PKMN out there now.

Years
    I will eventually, but its pointless trading your whole team across. "I have 6 Lv100s that i only spent 5 years training" doesnt sound good. Train a new team.

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Well in my old games i used to have electabuzz in my team i just evolved him and the only new addition is spiritomb the rest of my team is the same as before.

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I have a completely different team, which is exactly what I'm trying to do: make it as d/p-ish as possible.

Back