• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hug your IRL friends?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I don't hug guys. I hug girls everyday, though. ;D

My friend and his other "emo" friends hug each other. They could use the support. ;(

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Hugs are so much better than kissing or dancing but maybe not sex.

They're so warm and make you feel loved. 8D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I give out hugs all the time. They make me feel better,they make my friends feel better, they keep you warm and winter is upon us! I just really like hugs. Theres something so comforting about them.

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I'm too socially awkward for hugs. I'll hug at the wrong moments, or I'll hug someone who doesn't know me to be kind, but I never seem to get it right klgsjgfdk
    I don't mind others hugging me though, that's nice. I'm just no good at it.

of course, there's always internet hugs. I'm really good at internet hugs! :v

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    It seems that some people think of hugging as something more than emotional reassurance. That's all it is; it's nothing to do with being attracted to the person in any way. To hug someone, or to be hugged, is to assure/be assured, which is why, as people have said, you get a nice warm sensation.

Coming from a straight guy, there's nothing wrong with a guy hugging another. As has been said, it is close-minded for people to think that for males to show affection to others is automatically homosexual. I hug both my male and female friends, either when I'm joking around or when I'm trying to comfort them.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I love hugs! They're just so quick and easy, and unlike kissing, school admins don't get all uptight about it. (I actually got one today, so there, it does make people feel good) plus, its kind of hard to be a bad hugger.

As for the whole guys-hugging thing, it's an epidemic at my school but you get used to it, especially if you do any sports, were group hugs are pretty much mandatory after scores or you win a race. Besides, it's better then having your ass smacked or your pecs grabbed by a male teammate or random dude.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I love hugging everyone! It's just that there are moments where hugging them would be either awkward or uncomfortable.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I don't. Not because I don't like them, but I'm worried they may not be socially acceptable. Glad to see that I'm wrong on that account :)

Still, I'm not quite up to where I'll start hugging random people XD

Years
    Yes, I hug my friends! Have been known to sit and cuddle too.
    If people are so insecure that they have to pick on others who arn't then.. I guess I pity them, must suck being scared to give someone a hug, heh.
    The only time I might try to avoid it is in my house, because I can't stand how thrilled my mother looks when she sees me hugging a male friend.

I hardly ever hug my family though, I don't feel at all comfortable around them.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    The last time I hugged someone, was when I was in 3rd grade. The last week of school, and the person I hugged was not going to be in my school next year. So I gave her, yes her, a hug. Lol, her expression was like: 'wtf.' So I never did that again. Besides, I don't even say -hugs- online. Like, wtf.

Doonesbury

Don't even worry about it.
    Years
    If someone asks for a hug, then sure I don't have a problem. But I've never really been known to just 'give' someone a hug without any warning. That's just... creepy. But yeah, like I said; I'm not against them or anything.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I am a very huggable person. I hug pretty much all my female friends, and even my guy friends if I haven't seen them in a while.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I always hug my friends. Im a very huggable person. I even hug people i dont know.

Back