• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you judge users based on their user name?

Rodeoclown

Coaster Kid
    Years
    The topic says it all. I personally get annoyed when I see stuff like:
    (
    $
    !
    ?
    \
    in peoples user names. Just my 2 cents.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I don't judge them, but I do tend to read posts from people with pretty anim? avatars easier. <<;

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Kairi said:
    I don?t judge them, but I do tend to read posts from people with pretty anim? avatars easier. <<;

Same here XD
    Nah, for me the Usernames are just a detail <.<;;

Nessie

The return of the star!
    Years
    Well if i see someone with a curious or funny nick i tend to read his posts or look profile, but the truth comes reading the stuff they write, so well nevemrind XD.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    For the most part, no, I don't judge on username. However, if their username has a string of obscene words in it, then yes, I will judge by username. And I'll ban said username on sight. xD;;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    No, I don't really judge people by their username, but it is one of the first things that I notice about them (avatars usually being first). But like Lightning said, I will automatically judge them if they've got a bad name, lol.

The symbols and things in them don't really bother me, but I personally find it easier to read and remember a name that's just written in simple letters.

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
    i NEVER EVER do that... their username is just a way to identify the members and NOTHING else. because anyone can have any username, therefore its just impossible to judge someone simply by their username.

aaaaaa

Yes, I guess I can be a little judgemental, based upon name.
    If I see someone with a name like DBZfanGohan1821, I'm likely to assume I'm dealing with someone of a lower intellect. I know it's not always true, but I can't help making little assumptions like that.
    Likewise, if a name has netspaek in it, like luvrboi4u or something, I'm equally as unlikely to be interested in sparking up a conversation or debate.
    I guess it's my failing as a person.
    Though, bright pink Squaresoft-inspired names do tend to make my ears perk up ^_^

Jolty-kun

Years
    I dont either, even though i have one of those in my name, well i have 3 of one of those XD, and no, i dont, if i saw a horrible disgusting nickname, i would tell andrea(arcanine as yo know) like i had before, someone entered this site and the name was so horrible, it was a part swearing, we cant use it on this site so i wont say it, so i told andrea, and he got banned, why would you judge people on their name???, judge them on there avatar! XD j/k, i judge people on their personality amd how they post

Rodeoclown

Coaster Kid
    Years
    I don't judge so much as get annoyed because it unnecessarily extends usernames. And in somecases it looks rather stupid.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    I don't judge most people by their username. I mostly judge them by the way they type. [I.e: PKMN ROX TEH WORDSSS!!!1111] o.o; But sometimes I get to judge them by their name. But that's a rare occurance on my part.

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    People who have usernames like Pokepoop get me a little sence of what their like. But mostly, I judge people on their avatars. If someone has a Mewtwo, then everytime I here their name, I think of a Mewtwo.

Splashing Mew

PC's Poet Laureate
    Years
    It doesn't really bother me, unless I see a name that it too hard to remember. Like others have said, I read their posts and judge them from that.

~Splash

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    I don't judge people here by their user name.I think its cool how every one is individual.But if some-one is being dumb,then I'll judge them,not by their name but by the way they act.And so far,I'ev only seen one person act dumb. = ))

Back