• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i always keep my starter. the only time i think i didnt was when i did the random pokemon challange

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
    I get rid of it.
    Espeacially the new ones.

I always like to use Pokemon that I know most people won't use.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Usually always. I feel I have some sort of obligation, haha. This is actually the first game(SS) that I didn't use it for everything. I kept Meganium until I battled Red, then I ditched it to combine use the EVs from both that, and the previous game.

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    Yes I keep my starters for the story line. Once I beat red however, my lvl 64 feraligatr retired to the pc. I use him mainly for waterfall these days.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I always keep my starter through and through. (Well, I didn't in the Pearl game >.<) But, Typhlosion <3 is pure love, so yes.

Years
    I do usually, but I personally don't think feraligatr or typhlosion learn good enough moves so I usually get them and then start over and trade back just to get through the dex. I love Meganium as a defensive wall though, so I play through the game with it and sometimes in competing battling. In other games I always trade off my starter for other ones, except Turtwig, Turtiwig is nice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    I kept Feraligatr with me up until the Lv. 50 mark, and he was Lv. 58 when I beat Red, and though he contributed a lot, it seemed stupid having him there anymore seeing as I'd bred a few babies for HG from Pearl and they were all rushing a head of him.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I totally keep my starter until I collect the 16 badges. After that... I only keep my trusty flier, Pidgeot. The rest of my party shuffles around because I trade a lot.

Years
    I used to. However, I actually abstained from using my starters in HG/SS. I trained them a bit, but..I got tired of them. b_b; So, I traded other Pokemon in to use instead. :D
    Like, when as soon as I was able to trade, I sent over some eggs and a Camerupt to speed up the hatching process. >>;

Years
    I didn't no, I knew which Pokemon I wanted in my team as I was going through the game, so there was no room for my little starter Pokemon after half way through the game, but it was a little sad leaving him behind.​

Years
    Always, in fact I always had a feeling of guilt whenever I had them at the lowest level on my team. I've never really played the games super competitvely though, so I just base my team on my starter, instead of starting afresh.

Years
    Gets starter > Find caterpie > Use starter to tank and make caterpie receive exp > Caterpie becomes Butterfree > Bye bye starter

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I do. I feel guilty otherwise. I always have a special place in my team for my starter. Even if I know there's a stronger Pokemon than it, I keep it in the team anyway.

Black*

SoulSilver Trainer
    Years
    to me 99.999% of the time the starter is only good for being my hm slave lol but sometimes i use it like if its charmander thats the only one i'll ever use

Back