• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hell yeah! My Eruption (Typhlosion) is great! My team is very balanced and Eruption fits right in! It's most likely my most used pokemon, its helped me through most battles and stuff :D Its the first pokemon you get in the game... I always seems to make a certain bond with my starter pokemon in games... even if they are Pixels!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    It really depends... if it fits in my team then ofcourse, cause starters are often one of the best pokemon of that type!
    Cause let's be realistic: you're not gonna find better fire and grass type pokemon in Kanto then Charizard and Venusaur!

Years
    Mine depends. I usually train them to Lv. 100, but will not normally use a water or fire starter as there's better out there (Even when you exclude the legendaries). If it's a grass however, then I usually will (I'm not too fussed on most of the other grass as they're either pretty bad or they seem to be dualled with Poison).

In HG, I'm using Chikorita (Used Cyndaquil in the original Silver), so it's something new.

Random pointless fact - I've never started with a water.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I always keep my starter pokemon ( i started with cyndaquil) with me and get my freinds to give me their starters so i have the trio now my team is really strong.

Years
    With every game I play, I always keep my started in my original team. Agh, I haven't played my SoulSilver game in months, but I'm positive that I picked Totodile. And I still have Feraligator on my team. Even though I also try to make the levels as close to equal as I possibly can, my started Pokemon always ends up having at least 6 more levels than the rest.

Ayselipera

I used to always keep my starter Pokemon, but recently I've been ditching them and trading over a whole team once I can start catching other Pokemon. The main reason as to why I have been doing this in HGSS is because my Pokemon are always horribly under leveled by the time I reach the Champion. So by trading my team can grow a little bit faster, which may only help a little, but it's better then nothing. Plus I've come to the realize that the Johto starters are a bit boring.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2018
    I keep them in my team for as long as possible, because starters get really strong, especially in HGSS, where by the time you get pokéballs your starter is already level 9ish XD. I'll usually keep my starter unless they're TOTALLY weak. Right now I have a team of high 50s and low 60s and am too bored/lazy to train them. My Meganium isn't really pulling his weight anymore, though, but I'm so late in the game that its a real pain to train new members, and it's hard to find a decent non-starter anyways. I just replaced my gyarados with an EV-trained Tyranitar, which took FOREVER to train :S

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    For Cyndaquil or Totodile, I have keep 'em. But when its about Chikorita, never. I'll just throw it off

Thatch Bayne

dark type user
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I kept Cyndaquil until he was no longer needed.
    (In other words I got a Flaffy).

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Yes :D
    Since the very beginning I've always did.

He/She are your first Pokemon, c'mon show them love :D <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    With every game I play, I always keep my starter in my party. I have always believe that if the starter you choose isn't one you plan to keep around, perhaps your choice of starter is the wrong one for you. Starters invariable become one of the strongest Pokemon in your team, if only because it is the Pokemon you first start out with on your journey with. So it often gathers more experience than any of the others as a result.

Years
    Yes. I wuv my starter.

He always seems very powerful and reliable, even if I try to force myself to rely on the others, and he always seems to work his way back. Though, when I pull together a team I plan to use for Wi-Fi, I don't know whether or not I'll use him, as he wasn't EV-Trained, and though it's not something I'm used to, I want my team as strong as possible.

Eh, I'll probably just use a few of those berries to reset his EVs and retrain him. :3

Years
    I always keep my Starter Pokemon throughout the journey. That Pokemon is my unofficial Team Leader and I tend to have it with the highest level of all the Pokemon on the team.

I always have to have another Pokemon to take the reigns in case my Starter gets knocked out. In fact, most of the teams I make up for Hall of Fame tries have a Starter Pokemon in them.

Trace1992

Captain of Squad 12
    Years
    i always keep my starter but if there is pokemon that i want to train then i just put him in storage

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    In every single pokemon game I play, my starter is always in my final team.

SS is no exception, Meganium is part of my team & I would'nt have it any other way. <3

Back