• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you level up your pokemon together?

Do you level up your pokemon together or do you have one pokemon at a higher level?

• I level up my pokemon together

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I usually have one pokemon at a higher level than the others

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orange discontent

pogeymans?
Years
  • Usually they're all 2-3 levels of each other. When a pokemon I'm trying to train faints and I have to switch into the highest level one, and then that one levels up, it's practically the apocalypse.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I try to level them at the same rate, and they usually end up pretty even, i just hate having to rely on one pokemon.

pinksyllibus

a lunar antidote
    Years
  • Yep, I level all my pokemon equally. It really bugs me when I have 1 or 2 that are off-level from the rest of my team.. I've done this since the R/B/Y days as well. I don't mind grinding levels in the grass! :P

Aril

Arcanine Breeder
    Years
  • I usually level them up so they are close enough to each other (3-4 lvl difference). Although, i mostly have 4-5 pokemon which i level, since i will get better pokemon in the endgame. Atm my pokemon range from lvl 60-85, the lowest being Feraligatr and the highest being Dragonite : D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I used to just level my starte, but since then I've kept them all equal.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Since levelling up is mostly to do with games, I will have to move this thread to General Pokemon Gaming.

As for your question, yes, I do level up my Pokemon evenly. I find that it makes the play through easier to manage this way.

Years
  • I used to level up only my starter when I was younger, but now I train my team to be within 2-3 levels of each other. What I would usually do to make the leveling feel like it is going faster is to train the one that is closest to the next level, and then go down the line from there.

For example, if Togekiss has 10,000 exp left to get to the next level, and the others have 13,000 or more, I do Togekiss first. It just makes it feel like it's going faster instead of just randomly trying to make them all the same level. I know this has to do with how many total exp points each pokemon has, but I guess it's psychosomatic.

I hate having one pokemon who is a much higher level than the others. If I were to level up my Meganium to be so much higher than the rest, and I encounter a fire, flying, or poison pokemon, I'd be screwed. One boy in middle school looked at my Sapphire team and said, "oh they're all the same level; that's bad. You should have one pokemon be higher than the rest." He ended up being a junkie. :p

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I always try to level them up together.
    The only time I have a Pokemon that's extremely overleveled is when I'm trying to beat the elite four.
    Never fails.. at least one or two of my Pokemon end up being like.. .10 levels higher than the rest of them.
    Although this bothers me, they're usually the two Pokemon that have the edge against all the elite four members and the champion.
    After I (finally) beat Lance, I just focused on the Pokemon I didn't level up during the Elite four, and now they're all evenly set again.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • I usually have my starter at a higher level than the rest then capture the legendaries. This does leave me pretty much screwed if a pokemon that is my weakness comes along andis probably why I have only ever defeated the elite four twice on my own, once in Crystal (with cloning cheat :() and once in platinum (with my "hacked" Arceus) so looks like I can only do it by cheating or using my Brothers pokemon (he raises them pretty much evenly...) so I guess i am a bad trainer :(

Update: Actually I just remembered I did defeat the Sapphire elite Four quite a few times on my own without cheating, never managed trainer tower though...

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • I try to have them all at the same level.

But, for example, if Feraligatr is level 55, two levels above everyone else, he won't battle again until the rest have reached that level.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i try to keep them all around the same level. if one is higher its because it has a type advantage for the next gym but after that i level up the rest of them.

Back