• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you like 1 hit ko moves in wifi battles?

do you like 1 hit ko moves in wifi battles

• YES

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • NO

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
Years
  • OHKO moves suck. They are cheap, unfair, and incredibly irritating. One time in the battle tower I fought a Walrien that landed those moves three times in a row, so I lost to something that I should have easily smoked. That's why they aren't allowed in Wifi battles.

Detox

Really doesnt matter to me since they hardly hit. But if I had to make a choice, no.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • No. It can completely turn around the battle in one turn, if lucky enough to hit. I don't like seeing such huge risks being taken.. Just win on pure strategy/effort, kk?

Blissey was obliterated by a Sheer Cold, nuff said. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Um...actually no one has ever used it on me b4...

Ryuu Akamatsu

Oh yeeeah!
    Years
  • I hate them. Only because they gave me much grief in Generation's I and II. I think that as long as you don't spam them, they're fine to use occasionally. For example, if you're up against an opponent who's one of those insane EV/IV trainers who are all crazy about getting the best movepools/base stats/typing/etc., it should be fine because they'll most likely wipe the floor with you regardless. It's also fine when you're about to lose and it looks like your opponent is about to win without much effort.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Really just depends on the rules.
    I have some Pokemon specifically for LV100-NoOHKO matches (mostly people on Western Pokemon websites) and some for LV50-OHKOAllowed matches (mostly people on Japanese Pokemon sites.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I disagree with those who say it should be allowed, because it simply isn't fair...and even if they were allowed I wouldn't use it...

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    Yeah. I like them, sure it's annoying when you're hit by them but they rarely ever hit and the reason they're there is to be used.The people that moan about them probably either:
    1) Get hit by them a lot.
    2) Have never landed one them self.
    or 3) Think they're bad because they're "Banned from competitive play".

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • Yeah. I like them, sure it's annoying when you're hit by them but they rarely ever hit and the reason they're there is to be used.The people that moan about them probably either:
    1) Get hit by them a lot.
    2) Have never landed one them self.
    or 3) Think they're bad because they're "Banned from competitive play".

or
    4) They're a cheap way to win without effort or real strategy.
    5) Can take wins away from those who do have strategy and EVs/IVs.

Years
  • The first time i ever battle legitimetly in a tournament i used one but i did not know the rules so i was liike so sorry blah blah and now that i think of it is really un fair

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I dont like them, because it gets annoying after seeing everyone body using KO moves... Plus it makes the match pointless...

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I've always been a strong proponent for 'anything goes' in battles. To be honest, I don't battle people who lay out this ultimatum of noobish rules (sleep clause, tiers, etc). I don't know what happened to pokemon battles, but they used to be really fun. That's why I mostly stick to either the battle tower or my friends in real life.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I'm not a fan of them in competitive play, because all you need is some luck to land a one-hit KO move, not to mention it's just ridiculous in general. In friendly battles where everyone gets along, hell, I'm all for it

Back