• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you like 1 hit ko moves in wifi battles?

do you like 1 hit ko moves in wifi battles

• YES

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • NO

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    While yes, it can be annoying, the move altogether can be avoided by good planning. It's only 30% and yes, its a bit cheap, but it gives something to those that don't take it as seriously as the rest. I mean, its not everyday you get Killer Laprases, god help the community if they were given Lock On as well. On Wi-Fi, I don't care if they use it, if they're feeling lucky, then go for it.

Years
  • To be honest, they don't bother me. The only time I hate them is in the battle tower, because of 'Tower hax'. Any other time, the person usually ends up wasting thier 5PP, only for it to miss altogether, or work once or twice. Hardly a game shifter, really, given most players would just switch to a sweeper and KO the OHKOer with a strong attack while it keeps missing.

The only 'Competitive' clauses I really use is the evasion one, and, in the case of my jumpluff-using friend (I hate that annoying little puffball...), sleep-clause.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes and no. If someone is dumb enough to take the risk and miss im fine but if it hits I would probably complain! =^.^= lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I've always been a strong proponent for 'anything goes' in battles. To be honest, I don't battle people who lay out this ultimatum of noobish rules (sleep clause, tiers, etc). I don't know what happened to pokemon battles, but they used to be really fun. That's why I mostly stick to either the battle tower or my friends in real life.

"noobish rules"? It's only the most inexperienced players who don't understand why they help foster a competitive environment.

Years
  • I was going to reply but I couldn't be bothered. Anyways, they aren't cheap. I can't say I like them, but I don't hate them. It's more of a dislike. Answering the question of whther they should be used in competitive play or not. No. If those 10 year olds who think that having a pokemon with No Guard, No EV's and No Good Nature think that OHKO moves are awesome, they can go ahead and attack me. Chances are I'll just use Protect (it still has 70 accuracy) then find out what it is that they have and switch to an immune pokemon. Then the 10 year old will say "Noob, you have Protect." Obviously the best answer to something lke this will be "At least I have some guard. No Guard isn't a bad ability, just use it with stuff like Stone Edge, Cross Chop, other competitive moves please.

Grovyle Style

Nature Loving Gecko
    Years
  • I dislike those moves myself but thats why they have a 30% hit rate or so I believe. I'm just unlucky enough to get hit nearly every time. So in Wi-Fi battles I wouldn't mind them so long as it wasn't overused until a Faint Status occurred. I myself avoid teaching my pokemon them because I love having nice long battles.
    :t253:

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    I hate them OHKO moves XD Its like... works when you dont want it to XD eg: switch to your DDer Gyarados and >.> Horn Drill.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    No because it is a cheats way of winning and boring. If you want to win then you should learn to EV train ur Pokemon effectively like everyone else.

Back