• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like being a human?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    If I wasn't a human ... It would be quite cool, despite the fact that if I weren't, what would I be? An alien with 7 arms? An asteroid heading towards the earth's atmosphere? An unknown soul with no feelings or emotions, floating through the air? I suppose if I wasn't a human, I wouldn't even know what a human was or have any memories of them, so I wouldn't mind then.

I must admit, it would be amazing to be born in a complete different universe, where the events of several anime programs, such as Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan, became true.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I like being human, but being an animal would be so much simpler. I often look at my piles of homework and then feel jealous of my dog because his only homework is to lay on his bed and take naps.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I like being a human being, although i think there are better options than this. I think being a dog is fascinating, or a dolphin. I believe in the reincarnation of souls, so would love to try something new. Also want to try to be a girl, maybe for a day. I'm not trans, just outta curiosity.

Years
  • Humans are ugly. I only like it because of the capabilities that humans have.

That and poseable thumbs.

By "ugly" do you mean physically or the behaviours of human beings? Either way, not everyone is the same and there are qualities that we each possess that make us less "ugly," in regards to your perspective, and if using that term as the standards/measurement.

Last edited:

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
    Years
  • I've got a slightly different perspective... possibly...

I have been interested in old world shamanism, the psychonaut community, and lucid dreamers for 22 of my 26 year life so far. There is a common thread/theme that seems to connect any belief system in the aforementioned subjects and all related implied subject matter.

Energy (matter if you care to think about Einstein) cannot be created or destroyed, only changed. That being said...

One time I found myself alone in the woods at a large outdoor festival called "Rainbow Gathering", or something along those lines. After finding the perfect resting spot, I attempted to calm my mind and body into total silence and stillness. After a while (I have no idea how long) I began to feel myself swaying and I remember thinking I was gonna fall. When I opened my eyes I was fine, still sitting atop a fallen tree lodged between some other trees. Turns out I was swaying with the trees in the very gentle breeze even though I was not conscious of it until I felt the falling sensation.

In other words, being a human is gross. All the bodily fluids, all the emotional/hormonal fluctuations... I would much rather be a tree, and probably will be one day when I die and my materials resettle into the cycle of life, preservation, and death. I'm not rushing there tho... lol

Years
  • Being a human is what I am.

If I were anything else, I would not be me.

(Thus why I don't get the whole reincarnation thing)

Essentially, do I like being me?

YES.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not going to lie sometimes I really hate being a human and I think to myself "OUT OF ALL THE THINGS I COULD OF BEEN" Humans just have so much expected of them compared to any other living thing. I once read a post somewhere that said "humans are the only living thing that pays to live on their own planet." It's like I have to pay to live here and all these things are expected of me whereas if I was idk a cat? what would I really be doing... Sleeping and eating all day pretty much. And that's totally fine if you're a cat because nothing else is expected of one. But as a human if I were to sleep and eat all day that would be practically a crime and I would be labeled as a lazy loser probably a mooch too.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't know it's just strange to think about, it's not as if you could be like "oh I'm glad I am this tree or this dog instead"...When I was little I used to like thinking about how strange it was that I was born as a human, when I could have just been born as a sheep or a towel (??!) instead, I don't really know where that came from.

The only thing I don't really like about being human is that I feel like people constantly feel like they have to achieve something, like there is something they have to do before they can die, before they qualify or feel complete. Like their life is worthless/meaningless by default and only after achieving that great something, they can finally feel worth living. Not just a few people but it's like our whole race is just built on this idea, we always want bigger and better, like it's never enough, it's not enough to have reached the moon we need to give our life more meaning and reach even further, we have to do this and that, you know what I mean? And thinking about that, ironically, makes it seem just absolutely pointless. This might sound cliché also but it's like trying to reach the pot of gold and just never getting there, that's what it feels like people are doing. But I try not to think about it too much, I think people have achieved great things too, it's not all bad.

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
    Years
  • Being a tree would suck so much right now lol. Today, this week, this year, its a good time to be a human. In fact some are calling this new age where we rule the planet "the anthropocene age". Really no better time to be on team homo sapiens sapiens.

LETS PARTY WOOOOO!!!!! lol jk

Years
  • I enjoy being human presently, but hopefully in this life I can accumulate enough merit to transcend suffering in the human world and become a Buddha with the reason being as humans we have the ability to transcend our suffering(physical & mental) and enter nirvana which is a state of eternal bliss.

So basically when I go through something I don't like I usually have the strength to go through as seeing the key word for every good or bad that happens to you is "impermanence".

Last edited:
    Back