• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like children?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    So, we have a question here for whether you're going to have children. But do you like (***most***) children? Why or why not? Be honest!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Gotta say no for the most part, granted it is pretty neat to teach them new tricks like a new kind of prank for example but they're just too annoying for me overall nowadays.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I haven't met most children, so I don't know.

I don't hate them. Children are a reflection of their parents. Most of those I've met and am not fond of... the same can be said about their parents :p

Years
    I tend to go back and forth.

When they're not being whiny and crying, I find them to be quite cute. I've often seen younger kids on the bus and thought they were adorable. :P But when I'm actually exposed to a kid crying it sends me into war in my head and I go back into my "I despise children" mode.

Years
    Kids are pretty cool. Yeah, sometimes they're annoying, but I can take it. In the end, I don't see too many kids anymore minus customers, so it's kind of fun when I get to interact with them.

Just as long as they don't cry all the time and I can't take care of it. Then I don't like them. :p

Ayselipera

I have this extreme hatred for children. I don't like being around them, I don't want to hear them, and if possible it would be nice if I never had to see them. Most children I've been forced to be around were horrible and ones that I see in public are usually just as bad. I've met a few here and there who were really sweet and cute and all around pretty enjoyable, but for the most part I just want nothing to do with them.

Plus ughh I'm so bad at interacting with children too. I usually just ignore them, but there have been times I've been forced to interact so I'll nicely say hi and then they either just don't say anything which I don't care if you're a child or not it's annoying or they'll automatically become attached and ask me to play 389023 games that I don't care about and don't want to play. Most children avoid me though I don't think I give off friendly vibes even though I literally do nothing lol

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    i love children. the one thing i love the most about them is how innocent they are; they can easily believe the dumbest things you say.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Not really. I don't really hate them, but I'm not really comfortable around them.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Apart from the children in my family, simply put, no. |: They're just so annoying and cruel and evil and devil spawn etc.

Years
    The only ones I don't like are these obnoxious (estimatedly) 8-12 year olds, who are loud and annoying and don't have respect for anyone or anything. Other than these I like children and I see no reason other than the world's overpopulation not to do so.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Babies yes. Children no. They always act as if they are the best and such. Some are too annoying and acts as if they know better than you in EVERYTHING. So no.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Babies below the age of 18 months, you can't really like or dislike them because they haven't developed a real personality yet; they're essentially a chore.

2-10 years old can go either way, they can either be really adorable or really irritating; a lot of the kids I see around are total brats, but that's because their parents are thick so I can't blame them. Although I think it's really a case of you don't take any notice of the good children, same as anyone else in public, and then the children that are screaming and kicking up a fuss draw your immediate attention so it seems like every child in the world is a nightmare. The children in my family are wonderful and I love spending time with them, but unfortunately I rarely get to see them.

After the age of 10 it's just the same category as teens, adults, everyone, not a fan of most of them, but still plenty of great people.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
    I used to babysit, and those experiences made me hate kids. :x

But not all kids are maniacal, so I still love them.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    "most" children, based from my experience, are spoiled brats who think that what they say is true and loves bossing around older people. So, I don't like children for the most part.

Younger children (like 2 years and younger, perhaps 5) are sometimes adorable but they either grow up bad or mature earlier. I always hope it would be the latter, that would lessen the number of brats existing in this world.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No. I've never seen such a show of ignorance as from children.
    Too spontaneous and curious, and what little knowledge they may have colours their temperament greatly.

Years
    Kids who are unusually sharp for their age are okay. I have one cousin who was like that when she was younger. Sadly most are too simple and annoying for me to want to be around them. I don't blame them of course - they're children - but I still don't want to be around them.

Having said that, I spent some time in Japan working with children and they were pretty awesome all around. Like night and day compared to 99% of the kids I've encountered otherwise.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Not particularly, but I don't really spend enough time with them to get to know their quirks and other stuff that would make them more homogenous than what they appear at a first glance. I'm sure there are great kids just as I'm sure that there are downright terrors of demon-spawn-nature out there.

Back