• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Marmite?

Well, do you?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The product in general is actually called yeast extract. I prefer beef extract myself but I'm not particularly partial to either. The only thing really good about it is how long it keeps.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    Marmite is revolting. When I lived in Ireland, my mom bought it ALL the time... it is truly a horrific substance.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I'm a super taster (a person with more taste buds than what others might have, of which only 25% of humanity has, or 33% can't remember), needless to say, I love vegemite. (booo marmite boo!)

And yes, if you can notice, mostly Brits and Aussies were attracted to this thread for obvious reasons. XD

(it's just not a popular product here in north america)

Years
    I got free samples when i was young i tried a little and hated it!
    so now i really believe you can only love it or hate it. :P

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    The product in general is actually called yeast extract. I prefer beef extract myself but I'm not particularly partial to either. The only thing really good about it is how long it keeps.

Beef extract, sounds nice. But since Marmite has the word extract, I think I'll be put off beef extract as well. Extract doesn't sound nice.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I tasted both Vegemite and marmite when I was younger thinking it was chocolate and cause it was so salty I hated it. I stick to nuttella lol

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    Urg, No! It tastes like Chris Hoy's underwear after he won the gold medal at the 2008 Olympics (I know what they taste like because I disguised myself as a Koala and snuck in to his changing room, ninja style!).

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    ugh, can't stand the stuff, sorry it just tastes so vile it makes me cringe thinking about it. my friend had it in her sandwhiches with cheese >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    ...I have no clue what either is.
    Is it like jam, butter, or molasses?
    Yeah, but the exact taste of yeast extract is unique. Beef extract tastes much like gravy or a beef stock cube.

Beef extract, sounds nice. But since Marmite has the word extract, I think I'll be put off beef extract as well. Extract doesn't sound nice.
    Then I hope it won't be off-putting to know that cola is "vegetable extract with sugar and sweetners", to quote a Coke bottle. :) Oh and most every food I've read the ingredients of ever contains paprika extract. It's not really a bad thing, even if it sounds... harmful.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Vegemite and Marmite are two different products. I have never tasted Marmite, but I eat Vegemite on a daily basis, and it is exquisite.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Vegemite and Marmite are two different products.
    Might taste a little different due to varying recipes, but they're ultimately just the same thing with different names, like Pepsi and Coke. Also compare French and English mustard.

But if what you mean by different products is indeed such differences, feel free to disregard my statements.

Last edited:
    Years
    Might taste a little different due to varying recipes, but they're ultimately just the same thing with different names, like Pepsi and Coke. Also compare French and English mustard.

But if what you mean by different products is indeed such differences, feel free to disregard my statements.

Pepsi and Coke taste very different imo. :o

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    The name sounds unpleasing.
    Marmite? Like termite? I don't know, any food that ends in mite I probably wont eat.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    you mean vegemite!? It's great with my toast. But if I eat it straight, or to much of it, it burns my mouth. I'm guessing to most people it'd taste gross, unless like me you grew up eating it. The cheesy bite (vegemite and cream cheese) is good too.

Never tried marmite before though. i'd probably like it.

Hmmm... now I might go have some vegemite

Back