• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you like rumours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Nevermind the title, but yeah there is some new rumours out there everyone and since there is no thread speculating about their legimacy I shall take the priviledge of starting this thread.

In the website called PokeJungle, there surfaces some interesting rumour and I shall quote (quote in italics and underlined, straight from PokeJungle!)

I was contacted this morning by a person (going by MO) claiming to have some inside credentials (from NOA) into the games, so I'll post some information that he sent me, but this should not be considered anything but a rumor until I get some proof. You know me though… I do love rumors :3 Small update, I've added in possibilites of what the alleged Pokemon names could mean.

• Besides the Kurimori gaf, the Japanese names from the GameFAQs post ARE more or less correct.
    • Pokabu's evolution is named Boirubuta (ボイルブタ) and is reminiscent of a "stove" (Basically boil + pig). Final evolution is named Ranranbo (ランランボ) (Ranran = flaming). Ranranbo is a boar with steam coming out.
    • Tsutaja's evolution is named Tsutawaiya (ツタワイヤ) (tsuta = ivy) and final evolution is named Tsutatesura (ツタテスラ) (Tsuta = ivy). Final is a green cobra-ish Pokemon.
    • Mijimaru's evolution is named Yuudatsu (ユウダツ) (datsu = otter) and final evolution is named Rakkobushi (ラッコブシ) (Otter Warrior). Rakkobushi is a big otter with shells across its body.
    • Heracross gets an evolution named Atokurosu (アトクロス) (Kurosu = Cross)
    • New pokemon resembling an umbrella named Kasame (カサメ) (could be mixing umbrella + shark)
    • New steel type called Toraroiya (トラロイヤ) (No idea, but tora = tiger)
    Do you like rumours?According to source these pokemon are Serufiru (セルフィル) (Seru = cell) for the green one, Gizajemu (ギザジェム) (Jemu = gem) for the rock one, and Goshikkuro (ゴシックロ) (combining Gothic + black) is the black dress one.
    Thoughts?
    <3 pokejungle

I personally think that some of those names could be absolutely legit, they sound promising enough.

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Urgh Jesus,
    Seriously with all these rumors going around it's going a bit crazy :S
    It's really hard to try and know which ones are real and fake.
    And then of course you get the things which are actually real, and spoil everything for me :P
    But I don't care, I've kind of spoilt everything anyway :/
    Whoops.
    But there you go, some people will find the rumors fun, and informative, and they will love them because of the information given out.

Green floating Pokémon want <3
    IF DIS TRUE I REALLY DO WANT THAT SEASHELL POKEMANZ =D

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Erm... why would a pig looking pokemon evolve into an otter?
    The evolutions after the small pig is another pig and a boar..
    Do you like rumours?

Years
    Erm... why would a pig looking pokemon evolve into an otter?

Why in the world would you think pig looking pokemons would evolve into an otter?

But I hope some of these are indeed fake, if Heracross get's evolution I will go **** bricks. Heracross does not need an evolution.

*Cheezymitten, I love Dawn facepalm :)*

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Their was also a rumor of a evolution of Torous (ah did I misspelled his name) that resembles a Minotaur...
    Some rumors have come true...I just forgot which ones though... I would like a Heracross evo...even if it might be too strong...maybe it's stats don't increase that much...like + 20/30 to it's already high base stat?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    No I dislike them.
    I always wonder why people can't wait for official sites to announce things officially and start speculating, it's annoying in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    No I dislike them.
    I always wonder why people can't wait for official sites to announce things officially and start speculating, it's annoying in my opinion.

Because its boring as hell in the meantime. That's why they call it speculation, there is no evidence for or against it, just one's opinions.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    But I hope some of these are indeed fake, if Heracross get's evolution I will go **** bricks. Heracross does not need an evolution.

How about if Black got Heracross and its evo and White got Shuckle and its Monster evo. I would **** freaking stonehenge

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    That sounds pretty legitimate imo.
    I mean all the rumors have come to be true.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    PLEASE NO EVOLUTION FOR HERACROSS YOU ALREADY MESSED UP LIKITUNG AND MAGNETON :(

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Pokejungle added more to that rumor:

- New Pokemon: Memera (メーメーラ) – Red sheep pokemon that has a smoke-cloud-ish body. (Me-me- is like baa-baa-)

- New Pokemon: Makkusuma (マックスマ) – Possible new fire/ice type that is similar to an icicle but also has flames coming out of it

- Namakusu (ナマクス) -> Onokusu (オノクス) -> Ononokusu (オノノクス) (Namakusu is the brown pokemon toy, that Iris has!)

- Atokurosu is probably based on Atlas, from Greek mythology (Just like Heracross, Hercules)

- Kasame has one eye, might be ghost/water. Based on the kasa-obake of Japanese folklore

- Toraroiya is a very mechanical pokemon with a large body.

- ENGLISH names for the starters were hinted at, with their names playing off of slither, hog, and rookie.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back