• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you like the PokeTransfer in B/W?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Really I dont like it. The better the Pokemon, The more hard to catch but its useful for transfering pokemon you cant get in B/W.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • It's a shame I can't transfer my cloned Master Balls from Emerald onto Diamond or HG and the to Black and White. :P
    But at least there's no annoying time limit. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    The most annoying Pokemon i caught sent to the Pokeshifter today was a Mewtwo. Still havent caught it!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I actually like this better than the Pal Park; because of the No restrictions on how many Pokemon a day ~

It's a bummer that you have to bloody have to have the same regions for games though, I hope American & English versions are not the same >:(

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I actually like this better than the Pal Park; because of the No restrictions on how many Pokemon a day ~

It's a bummer that you have to bloody have to have the same regions for games though, I hope American & English versions are not the same >:(

Yeah, I'm very annoyed that they're region locked when trying to migrate from a previous Gen. I was really looking forward to using my English game team on my Japanese cartridge. Oh well, at least I'll be able to trade my 5th gen Japanese Pokes over to my English 5th gen game.... I hope? lol

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
  • I don't really have an opinion on this one.
    I can say its probably going to be more fun than the pal-park.
    I thought it was really boring. But I'll have to wait until I get my White version to have a say!

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Really I dont like it. The better the Pokemon, The more hard to catch but its useful for transfering pokemon you cant get in B/W.

Really? :'( It will then be extremely difficult to send all the Pokémon I want to sent to Black...

I haven't tried it so far, but I looked at some videos and it seems better as the Pal Park. It is more challenging, and it's funnier I guess. I hope it'll be addictive! :D

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • As a method of one-way transfer from Generation IV to V, I wish they'd have an option of transferring items as well. They could have just kept all the first 92 TMs the same and then added the new TMs on top of those.

Of course, I wish it were two-way. From what I can tell there wasn't any "mechanical" impossibility in doing that. We still had the same Pokémon data structure, only possible difference being that the same data is stored differently.

I agree with the idea that the Generation 4 TM list should have been retained. Or, they could change the sucky TMs with the more useful ones that Generation 5 introduces (yes, "sucky" TM is subjective). I mean, it's not like a lot of people are going to favor Canon over Stealth Rock... Why don't they replace the pretty-much-never-used TM Frustration instead? I don't see why the list had to screw us over with transferring all the other items as well...

And yeah, the two-way thing seems like it should work... I mean, if Generation 2 can do it with the Time Capsule, why can't BW of Generation 5 do it? Even Crystal is able to implement the Time Capsule and trade with the RBY Game Boy games, and its cartridge is a different model than all of its predecessors (that, and Crystal can't be played on systems prior to the Game Boy Color)! Pokemon Black and White Versions even have an advantage, as they're on the exact same platform as the Generation 4 games, unlike Pokemon Crystal Version's case.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • While I would prefer to have a "time capsule" feature rather than the Pokéshifter in Black and White, I'm just glad they're not cutting us off like they did between Gens II and III.
    Also, I guess it's a good thing they didn't allow the transfer of items. It was WAY too easy to find methods of cloning items without AR in Gens III and IV. I have been guilty of this myself :P Yay Pokémon Emerald!

Years
  • Yeah, I'm very annoyed that they're region locked when trying to migrate from a previous Gen. I was really looking forward to using my English game team on my Japanese cartridge. Oh well, at least I'll be able to trade my 5th gen Japanese Pokes over to my English 5th gen game.... I hope? lol

This is my downfall too, since I have an American copy of both Diamond and Pearl, but everything else is English (because I am English :))
    But I can trade all the Pokemon to my English Heartgold, and then to White :D
    Hehehe...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • This is my downfall too, since I have an American copy of both Diamond and Pearl, but everything else is English (because I am English :))
    But I can trade all the Pokemon to my English Heartgold, and then to White :D
    Hehehe...

Actually it's only the Japanese BW that won't connect with other English/American versions. I think English/American versions will let us though ~ :3

Although I have an English copy of HG I'm not bothered, ~ :3 but all my other Pokemon games (D/P/PT/SS) are americanzzz.

woo english people :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I prefers Pal(kia) Park because you can transfer items. In the Shifter you can't. :(

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I love it expect for the HM rule.

Goodbye Surfing Pikachu. :'(

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I'm going to be hacking all of my items in Black because I have already hoarded a ton of them in the previous generations. It isn't fair to have to work for all of them again when they had been sitting in various games for the past two generations.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I can't access the Pokeshifter as I'm yet to complete Black.

It does sound good.
    Though the only big downfall is the fact you can't send items, I guess.
    Oh, & a Pokemon with HM moves. {Surfing Pikachu ;_;}

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I already knew about the no item rule and that they wouldn't return to their games once you transfer. But, the no HM rule too? Jeez, as if I didn't think it was annoying enough to not be able to attach items to them.. >_> What? Well, not like I was going to use a pokemon with an HM anyway but the items thing was pfft. I have a lot of evolution stones in Platinum I was hoping to share some of them on Black. :/ I have yet to use it though since I'm not that far into the game but it already sounds like a drag to me in most ways.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
  • I just cleared everything out of my HG cartridge to Black. It was boring after a little while- granted, I did send 210 Pokemon over, so that's probably from the repetitiveness of it. I understood the no TM/HM rule because they did change, but I missed transferring items- even if they could have programmed a list of items that the pokeshifter couldn't transfer, it would have been nice to be able to move my masterball collection over to Black. I didn't find the mechanics of catching them too difficult (I got all 6 every time). I decided to give myself a break before moving things over from Platinum.

I haven't tried it yet, but does anyone know what happens if you try to trade a previous generation pokemon over to BW (as opposed to through the pokeshifter)?

Back