• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Like The Rotom(s)?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Personally I think that making rotom appear as machines and everyday tools is going over the top a bit.
    The normal rotom would look better.
    I think Rotom also should have a evolved form not to dramatic but just simple but has to have a effective design.
    I think Spinatom or Sneakatom would be cool.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    One of the most unique Pokemon yet. I was quite obsessed with them for like a week. I mostly just like Cut Forme and Frost Forme. Love Rotmom, just kinda wish they were Wifi compatible.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I liked Rotom before liking him was cool (as in pre-Platinum)

Spin Forme is my Favorite. So underratted compared to Heat/Cut/Wash/Frost Formes.

Spin Forme and Cut Forme sound better than the English names (Fan Forme and Mow Forme), IMO.

The Red Chain

I wouldn't say it's many formes are over-the-top necessarily..
    Rotom is an electric ghost, so possessing machines makes a lot of sense.
    It also gives a variety to choose from. :3

Yes, I like Rotom.
    But mostly in it's normal forme.. if I had to choose a machine forme, it would be the Spin one.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    It was another unneeded (semi) legendary (I know it isn't really but it is one of a kind anyway) that was added with D/P/Pt. I personally don't like it much anyway, mines only collecting dust in the PC.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I love Rotom (as you can see by my signature). I think he is really neat, because he's one of those Pokemon that explains something. Drowzee explains why we can't remeber our dreams, and the mischievous Abra explains how things seem to dissapear. Rotom explains why your computer is on, when you know you turned it off. Or how your lights will flicker when their brand new. I think his new forms are awesome! I like how he is sorta like Castform. His forms help with tough battles too. You may not like him, but I think he is really neat.

And in response to rN Haza...

HE'S NOT WI-FI COMPATIBLE!? AAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHH!!!

That sucks, I really wanted one in HeartGold.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I need to actually catch a Rotom first. XD; But from first, visual, impressions, Rotom and indeed it's formes are a great addition to Pokemon. Whoever thought of using everyday items for alternate formes was pure genius. I also love the orange and electric blue colour scheme.

Ayselipera

The idea is nice and all, but Rotom bores me to death. Nothing about it sparks my interest.

The dual typing of Rotom is very nice though.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I like the fact that it is the first Pokemon with an Electric/Ghost combination.

Besides, they could've made it another form of Castform if they wanted to.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I like all Pokemon with a ton of forms. When Rotom first came out I thought it was going to become the next Eevee.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm not really a fan of it. I don't really like the idea of forms all that much but I must admit, the idea of it possessing various forms of electronics amuses me. It's cute but it's never clicked with me so it's just another Pokémon in my eyes. At least the forms for it make SENSE and are an interesting idea--they don't seem thrown on for the sake of giving a Pokémon more appeal or as a movie plot point. :|

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I like the idea that my fridge could become a pokemon.Therefore, the formes are cool.

And, i can't get them, which makes them cooler

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    It's pretty much "meh" for me. I like how it's a ghost that can possess electronics, and the episode in the anime with the Rotom was pretty amusing, but I don't exactly love it and I probably won't ever use it on my team. Sending out a lawn mower or washing machine in battle doesn't exactly appeal to me.

Back