• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like to sing?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Another new topic, thought of whilst singing. /I just remembered there was a thread about humming, so feel free to close if this is too relevant to that topic.

Do you like to sing? Do you prefer to sing in private? Have you sang in public before? If not, idk, contribute to the topic anyway.

Years
    Under the shower, in the car and when I drank a beer or two too many. My favorite occassion to sing is, of course, when all of these three conditions are true.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I loooove singing, but I'm no good at it. I sing between classes, when I'm bored, pretty much every time I'm alone. It makes me sad because I really love it so much but I'm not good enough to do anything with it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    When no one's around, I have a tendency to start belting out whatever I'm listening to in the background. When people are around, I'm as silent as a church-mouse in the singing department. I don't think I have a bad voice, but I guess I just don't feel the need to show it off all of the time, for whatever reason.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    I like to sing, and I'm told I can sing well, but the mood of the song has to be right. I can't sing to overly happy songs (or even moderatly happy songs, for that matter)(Wow that sounded overly depressing). I rarely do it in public, though. It's very... out-of-character for me (I am the one who sits silently in school, writing love songs and sappy stuff like that). I have sang in public, but that tends to be my ultimate technique to impress a girl. Never works, btw. I sing in my own home almost constantly.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I have a tendency to sort of whisper-sing whatever song is in my head lol. When nobody is around it gets louder but I'm generally absent-minded so I've been caught whispering song lyrics a few times lol. But yeah, I guess I like to sing. How good I am at it is another story...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love to sing, and I think I'm quite good, however I get really nervous when I'm around people and try to sing, so not many people really know I sing well. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Yes, and I guess I'm not bad, but I don't like to sing in front of people. I get waaaay too shy, so I pretend I sing out of key and badly haha.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I sing a lot- mainly along to things or when things get stuck in my head- but I'm not any good at it. So I dunno. I suppose I like to sing, but I hate my singing. And I mainly do it when I think no-one is listening.

Complicated

A Story in the Making.
    Years
    Yeah, I sing. I'm in the glee club in our school, but I'm only the background. They don't showcase other people's talent. But I do sing in front of my sister. She's basically my mentor and etc. :3

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Of course! Singing is my hobby! I sing a lot, usually those songs that is stuck on my head, but my voice isn't that great. :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I used to hate singing when I was younger, but I grew to like it in 6th grade. Most of the time, I sing in private but on occasion, I do it publicly because I don't think my singing voice is great.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I sing when I get bored, I am a terrible singer though. But my passion deep in my burns in my throat heart.

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I absolutely HATE singing around anyone. Except my brother, for some reason. xD I can sing alone in the car, or maybe with my brother in the car, but around ANYONE else, I hate it. I don't like my voice, even though I have been told I have at least a decent voice, but I still can't stand it. >_< It always, like, cracks, and whatnot which embarrasses me. xD

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
    Do you like to sing? Do you prefer to sing in private? Have you sang in public before? If not, idk, contribute to the topic anyway.
    1. Yes, and more than I probably should.

2. I sing in private most of the time, but I'll whisper-sing in public if I can't find something else to do, or if I just have a song stuck in my head. I don't think I'm bad (and people haven't told me so), I just feel like people around me will freak if they hear it when I actually try to sing (based on reactions about the solo mentioned in the next answer).

3. Five years of school choir, but I've always been in the background with the exception of one mezzo-soprano solo that the girls couldn't or totally refused to perform, and a quartet with the only other guys in my high school choir.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I enjoy singing even though I'm terrible at it. Thus, the only person that I really 'sing' around is my sister, and that's usually when we're joking around and thus singing songs together for the hell of it. Otherwise, I tend to keep singing to myself.

Back