• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like your favorite Pokemon's shiny?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    We all have some shiny forms we like more than others. Where does the shiny form of your favorite Pokemon fall on the scale? Do you love it just as much as you love the Pokemon? Or is it disappointing? If so, what would you have preferred?

Personally, I kinda hate Necrozma's shiny. 😤 At least in base form, you know, where it's dark blue. Not only does it barely change - yeah, it's not as bad in that regard as some shinies out there, but still not very exciting - it doesn't even make sense! Necrozma is black because it absorbs all the light that hits it; shiny Necrozma absorbs all the light except for a little bit of blue? What?? Is it a picky eater??
    Because Necrozma's coloring has an actual physics-related meaning that ties into how its body inherently works, pretty much any shiny color scheme they chose would've not meshed with the Pokemon's lore...So, I wish they'd just gone all the way with it and made it white. Seriously, how cool would that have been?!

(My other two favorites, by the way, are Oshawott, which barely changes, and Victini, whose shiny looks pretty good, but is mostly famous for being unobtainable for literally over a decade. I'd say I have pretty bad luck in this department, haha.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I love Bellossom's shiny!! While the petal skirt doesn't change much Bellossom turns from green into a vibrant purple while the flowers on their head turns into an adorable and I am Here for it. It's such a nice and soothing colour palette for me.

Quite a bit of my other favourites also have really nice shinies that I really like and would love to shiny hunt for some day. Flygon, Altaria, and Furret in particular are among some of my favourite shinies on top of being some of my favourite pokemon to boot.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like most of my favorite pokemon shines aside from Crobat. It looks like a crobat with it's skinned peeled off.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    - Espeon: No. Becomes a bad shade of green.
    - Glaceon: Indifferent. Cannot tell.
    - Starmie: No. Loses the core's pop of color.
    - Torrakat: No. Looks better in black than white.
    - Corviknight: Undecided. Works either way.

faf

Queen of Dragons
    Years
    I know Scrafty's shiny isn't the most popular but I actually think it's a neat shiny! It could be bias because it's got a green dead skin but it's still bright and vivid like how punk aesthetics are as well as being yellow and territorial can show others not to mess with it.
    Speaking of yellow shinies, I do like Dragapult's yellow accent a lot.

All cute except for Flareon, which honestly is not the best color. D: Not terrible or anything, just not too exciting.

Years
    I love Phantump shiny form more than its regular form. While its regular form resembles trees more, its shiny form has more ghostly feel to it. I love it.

But that's the only shiny form of my favourites that I like. I hate Nidoqueen, Audino and Slaking's form and couldn't care less about Koffing, Salazzle and Muk's shiny forms.

Years
    A big time no. For the record my favorite Pokemon is Dragonite, and it's pea green shiny is a notorious fail. A lot of my favorite Pokemon like Milotic, Gyarados and Charizard have great shinies, but the Pokemon I love the most was not lucky.

Off the top of my head silver could be a nice alternative color for Dragonite's shiny since it is normally gold, but I would welcome any change, even a barely changing shiny like Persian or Garchomp in this case.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    YES

i mean, skitty and chikorita arent very exciting shinies, but Celebi and Staryu and SNEASEL are faaaabulous. I have a lot of favs ok haha. Also Ribombee's shiny is pink <3

punishedfelix

Banned
    Years
    • they
    • now
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    I'm alright with most of my favorite pokemon shiny (Murkrow, Skarmory, Unown, ect) but I really miss Spinarak's old shiny form.

Years
    My favorite Pokemon are Salamence and Charizard.

I don't like Salamence's shiny. That shade of green is ugly and it doesn't work well with orange. I wish shiny Salamence had a different color scheme. On other hand, I love Charizard's shiny and it's one of my favorite shinies ever.

Back