• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you listen to japanese Songs?

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    Hey! Are you an Otaku ? If you are its 80% chance you like Anime openings ! I love Anime openings and endings ! They just touches my heart ! Can you tell me about your favorite songs ? I would love to get some replies !

My favorites -
    1) Bleach Ending- Life is like a boat
    2) Code geass- All openings
    3) Nurarihyon No mango - Sunshine
    4) Chifafuyu - Youthful

Years
    I own the first two Death Note soundtracks, trying to find the final one that doesn't cost $50.

So, to answer your question, yes I do.

Years
    Every once in a while I listen to some Vocaloid stuff but that's about it. I'm not really film/TV/anime music.

This one i like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSYoz0JmnZo

I don't think "Japanese Music" is the right word for this though. It's not like anime music is on the radio in japan. That's kinda like calling the X-Files theme "English Music". Anime music is probably a better term (even if vocaloid's not an anime).

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I don't think "Japanese Music" is the right word for this though. It's not like anime music is on the radio in japan. That's kinda like calling the X-Files theme "English Music". Anime music is probably a better term (even if vocaloid's not an anime).

What are you on about. Most anime openings are things that they would play on the radio over there. They are usually used to sell cds and downloads in fact.

To answer op's question. Sometimes.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Not so much, since not many Japanese bands are the metal subgenre I listen too - I still listen to my Gotsu Kotsu Totsu 兀突骨 album once in a while. My favorite song is 復讐ノ祝詞 (Fukushu no Syukushi - Prayer of Vengeance)

The other band I know from Japan, Loudness, I like but also don't like since they sing in English and not Japanese - If I'm going to listen to a band from Japan, I'd rather they sing in their native Japanese and not in English (same with bands from other countries)

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    Well I never heard any Japanese song (or if you call it Anime songs) In radio, But still I believe that these songs could be played in radio in japan or some other countries. But still I think they go with some copyright terms or something. Because playing an anime song without copyrights could make some trouble teas ! xD

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    yeah, Japanese is my favorite Asian language anyway. I listen to Matsu****a Yuya and ONE OK ROCK on a regular basis. Then I also like random songs from anime openings/endings.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I alternate between English and Japanese music. I actually have 'Hello Sleepwalkers' or the OP for Noragami in the background at the moment. :3

I like Japanese music to answer the question though. There's just something I like about it even if I can barely understand a word that's being spoken.

Rylee Xylph

Fairy Tale Boy
    Years
    I have a couple of Japanese CDs I've picked up from charity shops, namely Begin best of (1990-2000) and Volume 3 of Hibari Misora's greatest hits (1967-1989) which in itself is a 3-disc extravaganza!

There's a prog-folk-rock band called Ghost who released an album called Hypnotic Underworld which somehow reached stores in the UK about 10 years ago, and I was listening to a lot of Mad Capsule Markets around that time too.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Yeah, I do. Most of them are anime openings/endings as you said. Or video game openings/endings. I like them because I can't understand the words, so it just sounds like background noise to me. Lyrics tend to be disruptive to my thinking process and I listen to music when I'm doing things or trying to get in a certain mood, so I'd prefer I didn't understand them. But I still like some gently sung English songs.

I can't think of a favorite Japanese song I have in particular, but I do like Touch by Younha quite a bit.

Hey! Are you an Otaku ? If you are its 80% chance you like Anime openings ! I love Anime openings and endings ! They just touches my heart ! Can you tell me about your favorite songs ? I would love to get some replies !

My favorites -
    1) Bleach Ending- Life is like a boat
    2) Code geass- All openings
    3) Nurarihyon No mango - Sunshine
    4) Chifafuyu - Youthful
    I like Life is Like a Boat quite a bit too! It's got Japanese and gently sung English. The English is very competent, and that impresses me. And the two languages manage to flow into each other in the song, which is also impressive.

Sir Codin

And I probably won't anytime soon. BABYMETAL left a bad taste in my mouth.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I only watch anime openings and I only have 1 japanese song in my library that came from an anime ending. So I only really enjoy it when it is paired with the anime opening. Unless I really really enjoy the song by itself.

Back