• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you listen to non-musical radio shows?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • When I wake up at around 7 AM, I'm way too sleepy to turn the TV on, but I need to be listening to something not to fall asleep, so a few years ago I started listening to radio shows to laugh a bit on the morning for half an hour before leaving.

But, in this modern world, radio is seen as outdated by most people, if they don't just use it to listen to the top songs of the week.

So, do of you listen to any old fashioned radio shows? Or you have just never bothered?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    When I was younger I was forced to listen to Rush Limbaugh at lunchtime. xD These days, I don't even use a radio, though I enjoy listening to clips from Ricky Gervais's XM Radio show on YouTube.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Yes I do when I wake up. I lay in bed listening to them for like 10 minutes.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    When I lived in England, we always used to listen to talk programs on the BBC radio. I remember there was one program which was like a game show where the contestants had to talk for a minute about a randomly selected topic, without repeating the same word or hesitating or straying from the point. It was very funny. One of the regulars was Sigmund Freud's grandson.

Do they still have that?

Years
  • I only listen to radio at work. If I get in early enough, the station that's always on will have a talk show on in-between the occasional song. On the weekends, they turn the radio to our college's football or basketball game, whenever it comes on. It's popular with the assistant managers and one of the guys that work there.

Neither are something I'd listen to on my own time, but they're a refreshing change from the 40-some song the radio plays every day.

Akari

Man
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I can't be bothered to search up any good radio shows that goes on in my area, so no. I probably should look up some shows, but eh. xD;

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • When I was still in Virginia I listened to Eliot in the Morning every morning before I went to school. Now I listen to John-Jay and Rich in the Morning, when I can wake up before noon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • When I was younger and I used to actually listen to the radio, I used to listen to the morning show of my favourite station which was more talking and commercials than music.

My mom also listens to CBC which is mostly talk radio. I actually really like a handful of the programs they have but I have no idea when they are so I don't go out of my way to listen. Haha, oh well.

I can't stand some of today's music so I just don't listen to radio at all, really. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't listen to the radio anyway, not even for the news or weather. The only radio of mine is in my car, and funnily enough I prefer to sound of the engine.

Back