• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you love yourself?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    No, but I'm working on it. I used to really hate myself, but I've been working past that, and I think I'm pretty close to really being okay with myself, and liking myself more. I just had a lot of issues with myself when I was younger, that are things that I'm learning to fix or get over. -w-

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I think about this a lot because in my life I definitely put up this front that I believe I'm God's gift to the planet and people I associate with are blessed to have me in my life but actually if I think about it I don't love myself at all.

There are very few things I could say I love about myself. I like my eyes, they're nice. But other than that there isn't really anything I like about myself. And I'm good at acting, too. Very good at that. I think I'm too needy, though. I don't really like myself a lot.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I hate myself. I hate everything about me and everything I do. I'm worthless, annoying, and everything I do just makes everything harder for everyone around me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Yes. If I didn't love myself, I'd be sitting in a dark room all day sleeping. I love myself to a healthy degree not to a level that can actually can be quite damaging to one's personality and how others perceive them.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    It took a very long time for me to come to a loving point with myself. I used to have very low self-esteem and a lack of confidence when I was younger. But it took me being hurt for years and finally being left to just myself after everything was said and done in my life, for me to realize that no one else will ever be here for me like I am for myself.

I essentially learned to love myself because no one else liked me for all of the mistakes I made.

I ended up realizing that if I just fully embrace myself as I am, then others will follow. That I don't have to be anyone but myself, because at the end of the day my true friends will stick by me for me.. whether I mess up or don't. And if no one follows? Fine. Because I have myself and that's good enough for me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It comes down to my mood for the day. I wrote my first post in a horrible mood so there's that lol. But now today my mood is good and I feel fine about myself. I am weirdly fickle about most things and idk why! I must seem like one moody ♥♥♥♥♥ but I usually keep my bad moods to myself and rarely take it out on anyone or show that I am upset.

There are lots of things about me that I find flawed physically but I give up moping about them. That's not to say I don't feel insecure about them at times though. I guess overall I feel indifferent about my personality. I often wonder why I am the way I am because I find I don't usually think or do the normal thing and people always point that out to me. I do really enjoy the silly side of me though lol

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Not really. :/ There are times when I wish I was a different person. Like, I wish I wasn't so disabled and suffering so many issues. It really makes it hard for me to accept myself because I can't do most things that other people find to be no problem.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I find it hard to love myself considering very few others do.

My immediate family are the only people that actually care about me constantly, with good reason. I've had a few close friends that were seniors but by the time the year started ending, they quit caring about me completely. They were constantly rude to me and didn't even tell me they were going to miss me, which really pissed me off because they were the only people I hung out with and them leaving was going to be really hard on me. Unfortunately, I have to board with one of them in two days for a whole three days, so that'll be interesting.

If we're talkin' physical appearance, well, I've went over that before in a different thread. Not something I'm totally proud of, but it's the truth. In a society where guys are expected to look a certain way to look hot, it's hard to love your appearance when you don't look that way. Believe me, I'd love to have abs and a muscular tone and a decent looking face and a neck that didn't grow fat rolls every time I looked down, but I'm just not cut out for strenuous exercising. I can hardly handle running.

However, the one thing I do like about myself is my personality. I'm snarky and sassy and playful and energetic, and I love being that kind of person. It's the best kind of person to be.

Years
    There have definitely been some rough patches, but I can say with confidence that I love myself, and that's not going to change. There are things I want to improve about myself; things that I hope I can do away with, and things that I can bring to the table, but overall, I'm proud of what I've become, and who I aim to be in the future.

Back