• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you nickname your PKMN?

Do you nickname your Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • It depends on the Pokemon

Votes: 26 39.4%

• Total voters

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
  • about 75% of the time I do. but only if I can think of a name (for example, when I origionally got my Treeko in Emerald, I didn't name him, since I was out of ideas. However, once I got to Slateport, and Treeko evolved I named him "Phantom" cuz I thought he looked like a Phantom o_O)

All my origionall Starters have Names:

Blaziken= Torcher (Origionally "Torchy" until it evolved into Cumbusken. You know, now that I think about it, "Scorcher" sounds cooler... but I can't change it so... yeah)
    Charizard= Charlie (I think I saw another Charmander named Charlie and tought it was cool)
    Grovyle (I REFUSE to evolve him!)= Phantom (you know the story)
    Blastoise= Squirt (Unamed until I found the Namerater and by then he was fully evolved so.. yeah)
    Marshtomp (Can't get past May @_@)= I forget, TBH
    Infernape (Origionally Chimchar)= Pyro (another word for fire.)

{Fun fact= Only Charlie and Pyro had thier names from when I first got them. Torcher had a diff name)

Treeko= G Cutter (Gecko, and the move "Cut")
    Mudkip= Skipper (*singing*"Skipping through mud!")
    Chikorita= CoCo (I forget)
    Tododile= Todie (short for Tododile)
    Quilliva= QuooQuoo (I forget)
    Empoleon= Pippeh (Was origionally a piplup when I got him)
    Torterra= Twiggeh (after the episode "Gettin' Twiggy With it!" Origionally was a Tutwig)

Other names:

Swellow (Torcher's partner)= Tal (Probobly short for Taillow)
    Swellow (Phantom's Partner)= Kiagee (I don't remember why :p)
    Zigzangoon= Ziggy/Zigza/Slavor
    Pikachuu= Peaches (lol)
    Diglet= Dollie (o_O)
    Castform= Idoon (mixed up hungarian for "weather")
    Numel= Vollka
    Breloom= Shrew (Short for Shroomish)
    Omanyte= Ommie

Staraptor (Origionally a Starly)= Staar
    Roserade (Origionally a Roselia)= Cosmoe (I think it was after the Sonic X Character)
    Shieldon= Shellie/Sheilio
    Bulbasaur= Lightarous
    Dragonair= HaMinyuu
    Lucario= Ria (Origionally a Female Rioluu)

um... I can't remember any other names ATM @_@

~~~~~

Oh, and I can't stand when I get a Non-nicknamed Pokemon @_@

EDIT: I don't nickname Legends though. (Exept Manaphy and Phione)

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    The pokes I catch using AR just to breed and my HM Slaves I don't nickname. Everything else I do however.

Alakazam: Dr. Spoon
    Snorlax: Bellysimo
    Roserade: Ruri-Hana (Emerald Flower, I might rename it Ruri-Bara as Emerald Rose or Tenshi-Bara or BaraTenshi as Angel Rose or Rose Angel).
    Starmie: Shuriken
    Ghastly: Spookshire (combination of spooky and cheshire, as in the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, meant for when I evolve it to Gengar).
    Elekid: DnTazMeBro (Don't Taze Me Bro! It's still as an egg so I probably will do something else like Volt)

Years
  • Before D/P I would nickname Pokemon I just caught their Highest evolution's name, just grammatically correct. Example: I would name a newly caught BAGON 'Salamence'. This would be a problem for Wurmple and the like, whom you cannot choose what it evolves into, If there was no name raters in the world.
    Now, in D/P, I have a very complex naming system, that encompasses Grammatical Correction, Key letters in the final form's name, what the Pokemon more-or-less 'is', and how many of that Pokemon I have. After a rigorous run with the algorithm I created, I always get a good name that actually fits the Pokemon...
    ...or I just BS a name on the spot. That's usually easier.

☆Stardust☆

Your best friend
    Years
  • I nicknamed my 3 legendaries from Pearl

Emo (Mesprit) cuz it's the being of emotion
    Intell (Uxie) Being of intelligence
    and Will (Azelf) for being of willpower.

I hate it when I get pokemon un-nicknamed!!! and it sucks how if you get a pokemon with a different language, it's name changes to english when it evolves!!!

I got this really strong Buizel from France, and it's name turned to english when it evolved into a Floatzel:(

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
  • I personally, CANNOT STAND nicknames for MY pokemon. I keep their names the way they are.
    Nicknames friggin drive me up a stupid, mentally retarded WALL!! >_<
    I only nickname adopted pokemon from the internet. (obviously)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    I do if they are gonna be on my team, i usually give them anime related names >>

-infernape - Gurren
    -Gengar - Viral
    -Vaporeon - Kisame
    -Salamence- Simon
    to name a few :o

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Sometimes, but usually no. I'd rename some Pokemon, like Pikachu, but not rename anything else. But, I like to make my Pokemon names more proper (capital letter first, then lowercase letters the rest of the way)

Back