• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koji8123

PKMN Collector
Years
  • I'm one of those who don't nickname their pokemon, and leave it at is. When I'm sending out a Pikachu I'm not sending out "Go, Sparky!" What about you? Do you name your pokemon?

[If this thread has already been made you can delete it or merge it]

Years
  • Sometimes I do. I prefer their original set names, but if I can think of something, I'll name it! I mostly don't because I'm not creative enough naming them... XD

Right now on my Black version I nicknamed:
    Persian - Whiskers
    Espeon - Kyubey
    Leafeon - Rune

Old nicknames I remember:
    Mudkip - Skippy
    Latias - Misty (because of Mist Ball, not because of Gym Leader Misty)

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • I'm not the type either for giving my Pokemon a nickname either. I much prefer to let it keep it's original name. I've never given a Pokemon a nickname, not even once, by the way. It was just something I never bothered with.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    I just started giving my pokemon nicknames, i never used just because i couldnt be bothered but one day i just decied to give it a go so now I name everything and usally something to do with the pokemon eg. My Blaziken is nicknamed Vulcan and my Gengar is called Casper

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm not the kind of guy who nicknames his Pokemon because I don't really have good nicknames for them. If I did have good names, then I'd feel silly naming them.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I always give my pokemons nicknames, with, a long time later make me think "WTF is that nickname for!?"

- Erik V - Stantler (First EV trained pokemon ever)
    - Badass Bug - Dustox
    - Japs - Player
    - Wapton - Kricketune
    - Cofagrigus - Im a Fag

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I always do! My reason is to keep my pokemon is somewhat unique for me. I don't like see to it when a random trainer have a same pokemon and that pokemon are also nameless. For pokemon that I caught only to fill the pokedex or getting run out of name, I usually create something random but still good. If the pokemon are going to my main team or train it, I'll name them after some character and people I know.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    I give ALL my pokemon nicknames except for legendaries. I nickname them based on their dex entries, trivia, japanese names or their name origin

examples:
    Tyranitar: Godzilla
    Volcarona: Mothra
    Hydreigon: Ghidorah
    Samurott-Samurai/Shogun
    Cofagrigus: Death can

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I'm not the type to nickname mine, but if think of someting funny, then I might.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • If it's my first time capturing them; I don't name my Pokémon. And if it's my second time capturing a certain Pokémon; I will name them if I can think of one.^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    So I caught a Luxor, and looked at the star on it's tail.

It looked like a star from that art piece "Starry Night".
    Who made that painting? Vangoe.

I ended up naming it Vangor

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I always name my Pokemon. xD;
    In my current White playthrough, my party's names are...
    Sceptile ( Terra )
    Swellow ( Ace )
    Joltik ( Dahlia )
    Drilbur ( Jacques )
    Zebstrika ( Peaches )
    Audino ( Ribs )

MSIMMe

Challenger ^^
    Years
  • I hardly do and if I do its like NidoranM nicknamed Nidoking(with lowercase letters) but in GenV I only name slaves Slave(a number)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to nickname my Pokemon when I first started playing the games. Today, I just feel lazy in nicknaming them, I just add in an -ie or -y at the end. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back