• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play a big part in global warming?

Do you play a big part in global warming?

• No

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • A little bit, but not loads

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Do you play a big part in global warming? My family don't drive, we don't leave computers on standby, or leave the TV on all day and night, and we recycle most of our stuff. So I don't really play a big part in global warming.

G-Klav

Meh, what should this here say
    Years
  • Tough question. I'd like to think that I don't play all to big a part in it, which was also my answer, but then, I drive quite a lot (with a car that is 10 years old), I eat food that come from all parts of the planet and I live in an industrial country.

My computer was manufactured in China, probably my furniture as well, and the fish I like to eat is caught in the Baltic and then transported to China to be packeted and then sent back here.

At least I don't fly very much, and at least sometimes I buy locally produced food.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Yes, I do play a good part in it.
    I'm so good looking, the temperature of everything around me rises 9 degrees.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • ^LMAO. xD

I guess I do,and I feel ashmed of it ._.; My family tries conserving water and energy though,especially my dad.

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Somewhat. I leave my computer on standby all the time, and as much as I try to conserve energy I end up wasting it a lot of the time. I also take hour long showers, so I guess I waste water as well. =(

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • I don't play a big part in global warming.

I do everything that's "bad".

I burn things, I don't recycle, I drive cars that emit fumes...

It's been going on for billions of years now.

It seems like just plain arrogance to say "I'm the one that's causing this natural process to happen more quickly on my own".

So whatever. It's going to happen, why try and stop it, and change the way nature happens?

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • ^you realize WE (as humans) cause global warming.. NOT nature. I have no idea how you got that idea. The Earth didn't go; "Oh yah, I felt like trapping Carbon Dioxide in my atmosphere so I can slowly warm up and eventually doom everything living on me, YAY!!!11!!1one!". Its us.... with mass populations causing so much CO2 that gets stuck in our atmosphere forces the sunlight (as well as the heat that goes with it) in the atmosphere, slowly increasing the temperature of Earth's surface.

Anyways, I use computers a lot, TVs all that stuff. However, I don't drive (cuz' I'm only 15) but I don't plan on getting my liscense right after my birthday either. I prefer playing sports and stuff, so if I need to get somewhere, I'll run or bike there. If it is too far away, then I'll take a car.

Also, if you want to reduce CO2 emissions from your car.. take out the catalyst in it. xP I suggest you don't though, SERIOUSLY. If it wasn't in there, the car would produce a lot of carbon monoxide, therefor killing you. So, yah. D=

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • A little....I took a shower for at least an hour, I waste paper doodling nonsense,
    but...I conserve energy, recycle "trash" and something like that...I really don't know anymore..

Mint Mojito

Nouveau.
    Years
  • I suck at preventing it =[.

I'm very forgetful and stuff, but I recycle and that's good, I think. And I don't drive a car that emits fumes. Well rather, I don't even drive a car. My showers aren't that long. But I leave the water on while brushing my teeth.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • Hm..not entirely sure if I can say it but I don't think I play an big part in global warming. I always go to school or everywhere I need to go to on my bike, won't leave computer on if I'm not behind it, turn off lights when there's enough sunshine to read/see..so yeah

Years
  • Hm..not entirely sure if I can say it but I don't think I play an big part in global warming. I always go to school or everywhere I need to go to on my bike, won't leave computer on if I'm not behind it, turn off lights when there's enough sunshine to read/see..so yeah

Good for you. It's great that some other people do actually care about global warming, and that they get involved in trying to stop global warming.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    i leave my computer on all the time, and all my electrical appliances on standby

trying to save the planet is all rubbish though, we're doomed so why bother tbh

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Umm.. we did this thing on how many Earths we'd need to sustain us if we were the whole population quiz and I got like 4 Earths. Meaning.... I use up more resources then I should. So I guess I contribute to it. The fact that nothing significant enough is being done is gonna cause some major problems for the Earth.

Years
  • Back