• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Do you play any Pokémon mobile games?

Years
  • The collection of Pokémon mobile games continues to grow, with Pokémon Masters set to release later this year. Do you guys play any of the mobile titles, or do you tend to stick to console games?

Years
  • So far I've been sticking to primarily handheld games, though I'm hoping Pokemon Masters will be worth the wait. I had played Shuffle and Duel in the past, but the first one was very grindy (and if you didn't keep up with the grind, there was no way you were going to get the best rewards of an event), and Duel I left as soon as I started suffering numerous losses. On Duel I was very close to the max rank, but then lost several matches in a row, and at that point the trophies like the Deoxys kind had just been introduced, and it was apparent that power creep had set in. Almost gave Rumble Rush a try, but it seemed to again be a grindy nature and you were limited in what Pokemon you can use per island. Considering the history of the company that is producing Masters, I'm holding onto hope that transactions won't be a huge thing.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I only really play Pokemon Go. None of the other Mobile games are of interest to me, really? But when Pokemon Masters and Sleep release, I plan to play them, of course.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Sadly I sorta slept through the Pokémon GO phenomenon. I think it's great and I love what it did for the franchise, but it just doesn't correspond with how I play and enjoy Pokémon, you know? I'm very interested by this Pokémon Sleep business though! I don't know if I'll really be able to sink my teeth into it but I'm excited to see how the mechanics are going to work there. :)

Years
  • ^ Agreed here. I tried to get into Pokemon GO when it was first a thing, but it isn't for me. Especially since there's region-specific mons, and you'd have to go pretty far distances to get certain Pokemon and ehhhh. Like, I get that's the general premise of it, but it really isn't for me. I'm satisfied with my handheld/console Pokemon.

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
    Years
  • Not anymore! I used to play Pokemon GO but I stopped ages ago. Just lost interest, though it was pretty fun at the time, going around town and catching things and all. ^^

I don't know anything about these newer games coming out but I might try them at some point.

Years
  • I play Pokémon Magikarp Jump. I play it rarely, but it's fine game to play when I'm waiting for a bus/train.

I think I would also play GO if I had mobile data.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon Go for a few years now, though I take breaks occasionally. I'm currently taking a break mostly because of work, but when I feel up for it, it's fun to play and I try to hatch eggs and fill my pokedex. It's probably my favorite mobile game, though I don't play many mobile games to begin with.

Especially since there's region-specific mons, and you'd have to go pretty far distances to get certain Pokemon and ehhhh.
    I'm not a big fan of that either. I'm also probably just biased but I don't find it very fun that the regional pokemon of Europe is Mr. Mime out of all the possible options. :laugh-squinted:

Years
  • Tried pokemon go when it came out but got bored of it fast, not how I like to play pokemon games, I do play pokeom emulators on my phone if that counts

Years
  • I still love Pokemon GO, and even though I don't play it nearly as much as I did when it first came out, I still open it up 2 or 3 times a week to send gifts to people, hatch my eggs, etc. I never really cared about any of the battling aspects of GO, but I just like being able to collect Pokemon and play casually.

The only other mobile game I did play was Magikarp Jump, though I just deleted it off my phone last week, since I hadn't opened the app in months. It was another casual game I liked playing once and a while, and I still wish we'd see all those Magikarp forms in a main series game.

Years
  • I play Pokémon GO regularly and used to play Magikarp Jump quite a bit. Pokémon Masters looks pretty interesting, I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a go!

Years
  • I actively play GO! Played Shuffle, Magikarp Jump, Quest, and Duel briefly but never kept to them for too long. GO continues to be fun and it's the only one I see myself playing for a long time, alongside Masters when it comes out.

Meanwhile Rumble Rush isn't out for iOS yet after two months, but after seeing how repetitive and mindless the gameplay is, I'm not sure if I would've played it for too long. @_@

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I only downloaded GO recently, and I'm loving it. It's true what people say, about it being good for mental health! <3 (I never have enough Pokeballs, though 😑)

Years
  • never really went the distance with 'em :(
    I used to play pokemon go when it was first released but I think I never got out of Level 10 and I lost interest

Back