• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen do you play old games like red or blue

blazeape

Man......Its hot in here.
    Years
    personaly i dont play a game that old i like a pokemon game partly fot the gameplay and graphics and old games like red and blue take away from the fun because the graphics are bad

Tsuki~

Slightly Insane >:3
    Years
    Heck, I can't imagine living without Red and Blue! I love playing the classic games. I have a pretty darn good file on Yellow Version. I don't blame you though. Once you do get past the graphics, you can really enjoy the game.

Years
    Yep, I totally agree with Tsuki.
    Red and Blue might have old graphics, but they're both really fun, and nostalgic.
    I absolutly love my Red file and my Yellow file too, I couldn't imagine deleting them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    I still got my Pokemon Yellow with my lvl 100 Pikachu locked up in my safe :D

But I still believe the best thing that happened to Pokemon were the Running Shoes..haha

I can't really get used to play the old-timers again, they seem so bone-crushingly slow D:

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Yea the old games always bring back memories. I had every single game before intil i sold them cuz they lost their memory.

west

One winged angel
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    yeah i play it but not as much. its fun and nostalgic.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I don't own any of the games at the moment- but, whenever I can, I enjoy playing the old ones. The graphics are bad, yeah. But, the memories are good. :]

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I do. Actually, I just traded all my Pokemon from Blue to Red through Pokemon Stadium today and started a new file.

Personally I'd rather play through R/B/Y than through D/P most of the time. D/P might look better, but I've never really liked them as much as the originals.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I still play yellow. I just started a new game, around two months ago.I dont play everyday or anything, maybe twice a week. On my way to getting the third badge. lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I still play yellow. I just started a new game, around two months ago.I dont play everyday or anything, maybe twice a week. On my way to getting the third badge. lol

I'm exactly like angelsavoir execpt i'm using lameboy a gameboy emulator for DS and I'm up to the second gym.I really like the game and think Misty looks pretty hot.

Years
    I prefer them to FRLG in a lot of ways. I don't know whether to sell my Yellow in a few years or not. I have the original packaging and manual, too.

It's hilarious how the game was always "Special Pikachu Edition", but it adopted Yellow as a name.

Tsuki~

Slightly Insane >:3
    Years
    I had every single game before intil i sold them cuz they lost their memory.

You didn't tell your customers that, did you? XD

Anyways, to be back on topic, I find the older games better because of one simple thing - it's challenging. Don't get me wrong, some other PKMN games are tough, but the old R/B/Y were pretty tough. All the gymleaders pokes are way higher levels than the ones in FR/LG. Erica's pokemon were already Lv. 30! In FR/LG, her highest level Pokemon is Lv. 29.

Years
    I have all of them. And (I'm so happy about this) they all still work. It'll be a sad day when I can't go back and play them again...(more directed towards G/S)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I was playing Yellow like...three days ago? My team is Mewtwo, Mew, Pikachu, Charizard, blastoise and Venasaur :D

Anyway, I am trying to get 150 Pokemon on my Crystal so I'm playing that XD Only 10 more to go! :D

So yeah, I still play the old games mainly because Yellow you have a stalkingfollowing Pikachu and because the old games bring back so much nostalgia :) Also, Crystal is my favourite Pokemon Game :)

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Yep i'm playing blur right now imma put them on Pokemon stadium so i can crush them

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    It seems to me that the old games are more fun than the newer ones. I still get the thrill of playing the ones, but I don't get it from new ones.

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    for me,
    yes because it brings back memories where I used to like pokemon so much! and i like old school tough!

Back