• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you play with 3D turned on or off?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
Just something I've always been curious about, working in a games store I get people asking me all the time how I feel about the 3D effect on a 3DS and using it for long periods. Personally I've found whenever I use it I find my eyes hurting after a few mins...

So, do you keep it on or off? And when it's on do you have it at full or a lower level?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I have it on, but at its lowest setting. Very rarely do I turn it all the way on, and more often than not I tend to have it off. The lag and slower frame rate that others complain about when the 3D is on doesn't bother me though. Actually, I tend to barely notice any change when I have 3D on.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Definitively off :)) It kept my device work longer and so I go faster in the game :D

Years
I mostly have it off, especially if I'm playing later on when it's dark since it hurts my eyes a bit if I leave it on for too long but I do like having it on sometimes.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I keep it off unless something exciting is happening (ie. Mega Evolution, an area in 3D such as select caves, or a regular evolution). The dropped frame rate during battles is really distracting to me so I very rarely use it during battles.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I love 3D in other games, like Luigi's Mansion, DKCR 3D, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, yada yada and almost always have them on.

But I will never, ever use the 3D in this game. It is the worst in the system and it kills the frame rate. Disappointing.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Off. If any if you get a 3D feel out of it, then that's that. I defintely don't get a 3D feel from it. Thus no reason for me to use it.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I don't really play it in 3D, other than for the occasional novelty use. Not that I'd like my battle frame rate plunging into the teens and not rising above it when I have 3D enabled. It comes to me as no surprise that it's not even an option in most of the overworld and in any battle with more than two participants...

Years
I usually keep it on, but not to full power. I've found that if you look at the 3DS from straight on, it doesn't hurt your eyes. But if there's just a LITTLE angle, your eyes start to hurt.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I have it on unless I'm playing lying down. I have to hold the screen at a certain angle to my vision so I don't see the two images that make 3D.... And when I'm lying down, it's usually not going to be at the right angle.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I tend to keep it off, though sometimes I'll switch it on if something super exciting is happening.

Back