• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you prefer slow or fast walkthrough?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    There are many ways to complete the game. There isn't right or wrong way but some ways can be faster than others.

So what's your way? Do you like to discover new areas or discover them after beating game? Do you like to train all of your Pokémon to ~lvl60 or just one Pokémon and then taking Pokémon League challenge? Do you like to collect as many Pokéball (items on ground) as you can or just beating gym and then next gym and so on?

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I like to play through slowly. Take my time, keep my pokemon in the same level area, higher than the trainere by 5 to 10 levels, catch all the pokemon and find all tm's ect before I take on the elite 4. It usually takes 24 hours of playtime to rush through, and about 36 to do what I do.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I like it slow, definitely.

I play games the same way I read books. I like to savour them and find out everything I can so I feel I've got the whole experience. I gloss over nothing. Also, it makes the game last longer and I don't feel like I've been cheated that way.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • I like to speed through it, really, I usually only stop for a while when I'm getting underleveled and that's it
    If it ain't needed I'm not doing it, is my motto

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm usually about a medium. I take the time to explore places if it means more wild Pokemon which means leveling up. Yet it seems like it always goes by faster than I anticipate, probably because I grind till I'm way overlevel haha. So that's why I consider it more of a medium.

Years
  • I'm a really slow player. Every game I play through it slowly, to try and get as much detail out as I possibly can. This also applies to my Pokémon games.

Currently, I'm working on Pokémon Black Version. I got the game when it first came out, and I am just now finally heading down Victory Road. While much of that time was spent looking in each nook-and-cranny, some of it was just the fact I kept changing my mind on my team, and realizing the one I wanted to use was 20 or so level to low, so I'd have to work on building them up to the rest of my team's level. This is where most of my time in the game is spent.

GibbyGibson

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I go through like a bullet. But after I have completed the main story, I go back and slowly explore each area. Especially areas like ruins. Ancient Castle is one spot I spend a LOT of time at. I think it's the archeologist in me. But my main thing is to get the story out of the way, so then I can completely focus on the side stuff, which is more fun to me.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I take my time to enjoy what the regions have to offer. So I'll take it slow. Sometimes I'll rush but that's quite rare.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'm a really slow player. Every game I play through it slowly, to try and get as much detail out as I possibly can. This also applies to my Pokémon games.

Currently, I'm working on Pokémon Black Version. I got the game when it first came out, and I am just now finally heading down Victory Road. While much of that time was spent looking in each nook-and-cranny, some of it was just the fact I kept changing my mind on my team, and realizing the one I wanted to use was 20 or so level to low, so I'd have to work on building them up to the rest of my team's level. This is where most of my time in the game is spent.

GibbyGibson

Why do I feel like I'm looking through some mirror? That's almost exactly how I go through the games. I try to face every trainer, talk to everyone, get every item I can as I go along, and often find myself wanting to switch a member of my team with a different Poke and then have to train them enough so that my whole team is on the same level....

Kind of creepy...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Slow for me. I like to leave no stone unturned. I talk to every NPC, battle every trainer, and seek out every item to be picked up. I spend hours level grinding so I get through major battles with ease. And I like to take in the sights and sounds of the region and appreciate the surroundings.

I can spend anywhere from 40-60 hours of game time to defeat the Elite Four.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I like doing loads of research about everywhere I go beforehand, so that the actual playthrough is relatively quick. Up until B/W, I had strategy guides for this very purpose, with maps and wild critter ratios and trainer info and such. Because of that, I like to spend a little bit longer grinding than a lot of people, but not too long so that I spend ages in any one area. Chalk that up to a 'medium' speed.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'd say medium, but I'm certainly in no rush when I play. I battle everyone I can, try to get each item before progressing, talk to NPCs if I haven't talked to them before, and so forth. Sometimes I'll even pause to do a sidegame thing (Game Corner, go at the Safari Zone, etc).

Wyaxx

Holy poffins!
    Years
  • I used to be a medium, but I've begun taking the games slowly and appreciating the art, design, and exploring different parts including actually talking to random people (I never realised how many items I could get doing this.)

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
  • I'd say I'm right in the middle. I like to grind levels and keep all my Pokémon at the same level. For example, I just restarted a FireRed play through and all 4 members of my team are at Lv. 15.

Back