• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you prefer to use Pokesav or level/train your own teams?

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    **Not sure if this is the right forum, but I figured since it was pretty broad that this would be the best spot for it. Feel free to move it if this is in the wrong location.**

Anyway, I've never cheated before to get a pokemon to level 100 before and I didn't plan on doing so- until I recently became interested in competitive battling. I'd like to start getting some experience but trying to train is driving me away.

What do you prefer- using programs like Pokesav or training yourself? Do most people use Pokesav?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Kicking this over to PGC in a slightly more broad sense, since most competitives use PO anyway :3

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Majority of the time, I actually train my team. Sure it takes a lot of time, but once I get to level 100, I feel like I accomplished something. Which I completely did, so yeah I train my Pokemon.

I guess an exception would be if I just feel rushed or another and I must battle competitively so I just hack and whatnot.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Well, I mainly used PO so I can easily configure/reconfigure my teams. But, when I'm Ev training in game, I usually send them over to my Platinum or White games since they have unlimited Rare Candies. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't have Pokesav, so I train my teams the old fashioned way. I don't really bother getting all my Pokemon to level 100, since I'll be using them in the Battle Subway, or Wifi when the chance presents itself.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've never used Pokésav.. partly because I don't know how to work it but I prefer training myself, it's traditional and as tough as it can be it's fun and what makes up the game, otherwise.. it's pointless.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I don't know how to use Pokesav, so I haven't used it yet. I train my Pokemon the old same way, although there are instances that I need to use Rare Candies as I don't have any other option. :'p .. But I think training it than using Rare Candies is much more worth it to be honest, as you feel that you have accomplished something by not taking advantage of something that will help you out.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've always been more of the train-your-critters-up kinda guy, although if I'm only a few levels away from what I want a member of my team to be, and am either running short of time or patience, I am tempted to Rare Candy it up. Of course, that depends on if I have Rare Candies... which isn't that often! As for this PokeSav, I'd never even heard of it until looking it up. It certainly seems interesting, but I don't think that would be for me. I've no interest in competitive battling and like just playing the games for the fun of it: levelling up and everything!

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    Hmm interesting...I thought for sure most people would go and use PokeSav to prepare their competitive teams. Thanks for the feedback!

And thanks for moving the thread, I really wasn't sure where something like this would belong ^.^

Years
    I've never used Pokesav and I prefer to simply train them. I feel much more accomplished that way. Personally I see it as cheap, and I am very against cheating.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
    Years
    I don't really use PokeSav for this purpose,I only really use PokeSav for hacking Pokemon that doesn't appear in the game I'm playing and I want to use.
    So, I train them,but I generally play hacks or earlier generations in which leveling up is easier,so ...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    In the end I don't care where my computer data came from. It's a means to an end - spare the tedious training, breeding and checking parts to achieve the good bit much quicker which is high skill battling.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I've never used Pokesav. Though I've also never actually trained any of my Pokes to lvl100 before out of all the many many years i've been playing. I used to use a AR to get them to 100. Now that I have White though, I'm working on training them not cheating them, to 100 so I can battle competitively. That's my main goal right now is to get my whole team to 100. I know i'll be very proud when I do!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I just level them on my own. I don't do competitive though, so what I say here isn't too useful, is it?

Back