• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you put your Pokémon on 'roids?

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
    I used to use up at leat 50,000 Poké a week buying drugs for my Pokémon.
    I just like to end battles really fast, like those annoying Trainer battles.

I use all of the drugs they sell in Veilstone City.

Hah, who else likes to cram those things down their Pokémon's throat?

~DB​

jvn753

Pikachumon
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    when i quickly want to kill the elite four to level up yeah

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    I dont use the drugs, I just train for so long I reach stages at each time of the game where I am 20+ levels ahead of every trainer (including Gym Leaders).

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    You mean such as X attack, X defence etc or Calcium, Zinc etc?

The latter simply add 10 EVs to the given stat which can be done up until your Pokémon has 100 EVs in said stat. The in-battle items are a waste of time and money; they're only really useful in extreme situations.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I use the vitamins only for EV training; however, I *did* eventually EV train my in-game team after completing all of the post-game scenario. When I go back to face the Elite Four, they're a bit easier now :P

X-items are sold by me at the first opportunity (except for X Accuracy because of in-game Double Team abuse).

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
    I do, I use for them for almost all my pokemon. I prefer it over EV-training. Sure, the vitamins are expensive, but aren't very time-consuming. :]

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I always sell X items anyway...never really liked them. I have, however, seen people speed run the RBY era game by raising a Nidoking with Horn Drill and Fissure, using an X Accuracy at the start of battle and sweeping everything. o_0

But as for vitamins, I use them to make EV training easier, so yeah...

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I use Vitamins on my Pokemon if I find them, but I never buy them. When I use them, I usually just use it to boost the stats that desperately needs it. For example, if I get some Zinc/Calcium, I'm obviously going to use it on my Sandslash since it lacks in Sp Def and that would make the biggest difference.

Sapphir

Hat thief
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    I use the Vitamins for EV training. They can give a max of 100 EVs for each stat, which saves me some time since it's faster than battling.

The Vitamins that only last in battle, or the "X" items, I never use. They just stay in my bag, because I forget I even have them with me.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Woooooo
    I gave a lot of Carbos Drug to my Gengar . Now he has 456 speed at Lv. 100 . He just loooves these drugs but he can't eat anymore :/

UltimaWeapon

UltimaPoke
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2011
    No, not really.

You can't use the vitamins for their final EVs so it really doesn't do any good. I wish you could - it would make EV training SO much easier.

Last edited:

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I can honestly say I've only used them like once or twice, I never really bother wasting my money on them.

Back