• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you read others' posts in OVP?

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I do most of the time when it's short and it's a really interesting thread. For example on this thread I read down halfway, skipped to the last post, and now I'm posting. :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
For the most part I'll read people's answers up to the point of my reply. However, it'll be very rare that I check back into a thread that I've posted in OVP. The only time I'd really contemplate doing that would be if I really thought the topic was interesting, or liked some of the answers thus far and thought they'd blossom into a discussion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
It really depends on the topic. If its a topic I am interested in seeing what others think about it, I will read others replies. If its a topic that I don't really care about, i'll just post my reply and leave.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
It really depends on what catches my eye. Like Vendak's avatar, or moments.'s sig for example, it caught my eye so I read the post. I'll also tend to read the posts from Staff (at least skim) because the name color catches my eye. And then there are some people were I'll read their post everytime it comes up.

I wish I had the time to read every post, but like everyone I have a limited amount of time (unless you're Sammi where you're a speed reader and you can read a whole DCC in 10 mins XD), so I skim.

Dr. McNinja

Sir Harold of England
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 23, 2011
I read the posts of the people that use correct grammar, good vocabulary, and have a nice shiny eye-drawing avatar.

I like the colors.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I actually tend to read the longer ones, because that means people put more time into their post. (Generally. Hypothetically, someone could spend an hour on a response, then decided they don't like it and post a one line answer. XD)

If I post a thread, I generally try to read all the responses. And I always at least glance at the responses in the threads I post in, so I at least can get a general opinion from everyone.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Yes I do read posts, to use as like samples as for what I will post. I only post in threads I want to, and I normally decide which threads to post in after reading other people's comments.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
I ALWAYS READ POSTS BECAUSE I AM A CARING AND INTERESTED MEMBER OF THE POKECOMMUNITY.COM
mHbaU.gif

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I usually do, because if I go down to quick reply and see that I haven't I feel bad, lol. :(

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
If you're not already on my ignore list, your posts in OVP automatically get read by me, even if I just skim most of them briefly. I also revisit topics often to read what others have posted after me.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Pretty much like half the posters before me. Yes that actually means I read every post on this thread lol

If a topic seems interesting to me, I read all the replies up to date, then post mine, and then check it again every time I get the chance to see it updated.

Years
It really depends on the topic. If its a topic I am interested in seeing what others think about it, I will read others replies. If its a topic that I don't really care about, i'll just post my reply and leave.

I think this sums up exactly what I do as well. In fact, this was one of the threads where I wasn't really planning on reading too many replies, but my scroll bar got stuck on Toshiro's post, and I noticed I had the exact same opinion.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I rarely ever reply to a thread without reading most of the other replies. I'd say it was the moderator in me, gotta check for rule breakage and what not, but I dunno.. I did that before I was a mod. I like hearing what others have to say. Find it kinda pointless to post and then just leave.

Back