• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you read.....

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
    Do you read somthing relly long. Like say if somone wrote two paragraphs would you read it?

If it was interesting i would but if not i don't read it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Depends on what it's about. I don't want to read a huge, two billion word paragraph, but on the other hand, I don't want to read a two word sentence. I'll read a long paragraph if I find it interesting, but if not, then I usually tend to skip through it, especially if I don't have much time online.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Sure! I can read anything...as long as it's not boring. :P

I'm an expert in reading now since I practically read a billion posts in a day in PC. XD

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    I'm considered one to read pretty much every post before posting anything, I like to stay updated you know =P.
    I mean, I'd really hate to ask a question or even state something that's already been said a page ago. Plus, it is one of the many reasons I go to forums, to read, to know, and blah blah blah XD.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    :rambo: :\ :confused: :cross-eye :classic: :sleeping: :laugh: :disappoin
    :) :'( :knockedou :cheeky: :pirate: :tired: :embarrass :badsmile: :paranoid: :cool: :shocked: :bandit: :D :P :( :dead: :nervous: :surprised ;)
    :chinese:

:14: :20: :bone: :latias: :pokeball: :13: :2: :9: :king: :os: :12: :19: :8: :kec: :mew2: :11: :18: :7: :fr: :mew: :top: :10: :17: :5: :dragonite :meow: :snea: :1: :16: :4: :donut: :may: :sean: :15: :3: :chu: :lg: :psy copy:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    and the above is something that starts with a S and ends with PAM and is a 4 letter word? Please don't do that... always contribute to the topic at hand.

Long posts always... I don't see the point of a short post as it exposes something but really not all of it too. Even if it's a yes or not question. You can always go into why (which is the only interesting part of a yes/no question.) A long post is most likely to have more details about the topic at hand either.

If we're talking about long paragraph/essays, then it depends on what it's about. I won't read anything regardless of length if it's like about football... x_x; If it's for example, 1000 reasons why Quagsire is cute, then sure.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    ANTI-SPAM GUN said:
    Do you read somthing relly long. Like say if somone wrote two paragraphs would you read it?

If it was interesting i would but if not i don't read it.

It would really have to depend on what the person is writing about, if the person was making a post just rambling on about some topic that I have no interest in, I will most likely just ignore it, but if the person is writing about a certain topic that I find very interesting, then I could easily read 2 paragraphs.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    blitzballchamp said:
    :) :'( :knockedou :cheeky: :pirate: :tired: :embarrass :badsmile: :paranoid: :cool: :shocked: :bandit: :D :P :( :dead: :nervous: :surprised ;)

:14: :20: :bone: :latias: :pokeball: :13: :2: :9: :king: :os: :12: :19: :8: :kec: :mew2: :11: :18: :7: :fr: :mew: :top: :10: :17: :5: :dragonite :meow: :snea: :1: :16: :4: :donut: :may: :sean: :15: :3: :chu: :lg: :psy copy:
    Why did you do that? ; ;

You know I can't read in smiley, but I can convey them fluently =P.

But, back on topic. I see what you mean FT, and I agree with you too. I can't really read a book (much less a small pamphlet) that contains information I could care less about. But if I were to find a extremely long post about the theories of yes and no... then you will be seeing quite a few posts from me, hehe~he?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    well, i just read everybody else's posts, so i guess i'm not too bad. i read posts for the most part unless they're unreasonably long... like if i'm looking at it and i can see that it continues to a point that i would have to scroll down to, i avoid that. but most people are reasonable. and then there are some posts that you just post on, and don't really care to hear what others have to say, like on "post where you caught your latios" ya, i skipped to the end and posted.

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
    If it's something that really interests me, i'll read it, regardless of how long it is. On the other hand though, even if it's something boring like 'Football' (which i hate) i'll still read it, not for it's content of information, but for any grammar or punctuation mistakes... ^_^;;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Are you talking about threads and posts? Then I'll read anything because its only fair. When I'm at Zelda forums I write 10+ page threads and severalsomething paragraph replys. I'll read what people write only because I want them to read what I write. Its only fair.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    Like everyone's saying, it certainly depends on the content. Obviously if it doesn't interest me, I probably wouldn't read it. =b

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
    blitzballchamp said:

I didn't know there we're Pokemon Emotions. :\
    I don't barely read, seriously. If it's something i'm really into though, like mystery? I'm so into it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    blitzballchamp said:

Were you trying to make HTML codes or something? :P

I find it as easy to read long posts and easy to read short posts.
    Well short posts are hard to ignore because it'll only take people 2-5
    seconds to read it. Long posts are hard to miss reading because..err..well they're long. XD

Btw, who likes to read my posts? :P (don't have to answer that)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I'll just go ahead and read it i can read at a pretty good rate so it's no problem for me.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'll be completely honest and say that if I see a post the is unreasonably long, then I just scroll right past it. Sometimes though, as a mod, if I detect tensions forming between two or more members in a thread, I'll read those really long posts if it is made by one of those tense members just to keep up-to-date with what is going on there.

I join forums to hear small somewhat humorous posts, not read a fuggin' rant every post...

Back