• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you really trust people?

Do you trust them or not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Both...

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    I only place my trust in people that I know for sure deserve it.

Which is a total of four people outside of my family (which is very large and very close).

Ayselipera

I only truely trust two people in my life and even then I'm iffy on telling them certain things. Sometimes its just better to keep some things to myself.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I trust people easily. It's bad, but it's also good. It's given me the oppurtunity to open a lot of friendships with people really close to me now. There's a select few people I know I can trust with my life, others I trust, but not *that* much.

I've been betrayed before, like I'm sure everyone has, but if we live on that forever than how's it going to get any better? If you don't trust anyone but yourself and your family, (which, btw, can still hurt you) then you're not going to be a very happy person.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Well, if you're gonna be that cynical. then even your own family can "back stab you any time".

Just because they're related to you doesn't mean there is an automatic function inside them that prevents one relative from breaking the trust of another. I can speak from experience within my own family.

I don't really see the point of you replying to that at all, I would have my reasons to everything I say. And also, I think saying I'm being that cynical was unnecessary completely, everyone has their own opinion, and of course I would trust my family since they are literally the most closest to me (and that would go for every family).

I don't trust people easily, but there are a reasonable number of people that I do trust, and that trust has been built up over the period of years.

Good for you. >.>
    You may trust those people, but as I said, do you completely trust them, like with your most prized possession? Or even your life? I would think not, but you may... And once again it's just my opinion that you can't completely trust anyone other than your family.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    You may trust those people, but as I said, do you completely trust them, like with your most prized possession? Or even your life? I would think not, but you may... And once again it's just my opinion that you can't completely trust anyone other than your family.

Now, that's not true. Just because you have the same bloodline doesn't mean they can't turn around and stab you in the back just as anyone else can. They're human, they can think for themselves. What about all these stories about kids being beaten by their fathers or their mothers, fathers throwing daughters off of bridges, etc. Is that love? Hell no.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family. They love me. I trust them with my life, I do, but I also trust some of my friends with my life. That doesn't mean that they're going to betray me like *that* does it? I've got one friend IRL whom I've been friends with for nearly 13 years, and he hasn't betrayed me once. I've never betrayed him. There is such a thing as a true friend, you just need to find him/her.

Bay

Years
    To me, trust is a hard subject to talk about. D:

Well, like everyone else, that trust has to be earn, whether it be friends or family. I have family members I don't trust anymore due to them betraying me and it goes the same with friends. I'm a forgiving person and I believe in redemption, so I would give them second chances, but if they betrayed me again then it'll be dang hard to give back my trust after you betrayed me a second time.

Good for you. >.>
    I noticed Dawson mentions that his trust on his friends built up in the years, which could happen. He probably didn't trust them at first but now he completely trusts them, which happens to everyone. Or maybe he hasn't completely trust them yet, but he will with time. As for your you can't trust anyone but your family comment, that is your opinion and I'll respect that, but I think you should respect the ones that mentioned family members can't be trusted. Sometimes family members can betray you, as some people including myself mentioned.

Years
    It's hard to say. I would say I would trust my family, but like Dawson mentioned then can stab you in the back in a heartbeat if they think it's for their own gain.

I only trust a few people. Especially this one guy who I've known for nearly 20 years.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Not really. I think I trust about eight people pretty well right now. Maybe ten tops. That's not really including my family though. Just people around here and friends and such. :>

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    A sweet girl once said,

"You can't trust people. No matter what, you will meet someone who will betray you, and that feeling is so devistating. That's why I've locked myself in my room for so long, I refuse to leave, because I know what it feels to be the one betrayed. Because I know that the world isn't as perfect as it seems. Most people just lose their eyes and think that the world is happy, but guess what, if you are one of those people, you need a reality check."

Then, she said
    "Although, there are some people who you can trust, and it's just plain luck wether you get to keep them or not. If you are the one who has met those people, and that has happened to you, I give you my empathy."

Years
    Mm, seems like this subject has already headed for a discussion, so this is going off to Other Chat after I make my post.

Anywho, because of my background I became accustomed to thinking that trusting people was the equivalent to letting yourself open up and exposed to getting hurt. I have been through a lot of rough patches during my childhood and teenage years that have involved devious people breaking that trust and attachment I held for them. It has left me weary of who I actually ought to trust, and now it takes a very special somebody who can earn my trust, let alone full respect in order for me to open up to them. That said, there's only really one person that I trust in total.

So with everybody else beside that one person, I am always keeping my guard up against their hidden motivations.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I don't usually trust people easily. I tend to watch my own back even when they offer to. I do trust my dog to fetch and perfom tricks perfectly though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It depends what I'm trusting them with; if it's just words then I'm not that picky. If I'm trusting someone to do something; well, if I want it done right then it's best that I do it myself.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I trust certain people, but that choice has backfired way too much times and now it's much harder for me to trust people. The worst is finding out by someone else that your friend screwed you in the ass.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I don't think I trust anyone 100%. There are some people I would trust with most things, but there are always thing I don't trust them with.

Patchy

-
    Years
    I tell my best friend Jenny everything. I can trust her with my life, and I know she wont tell. She also trusts me that way too.

Then I have a few other friends who I trust almost completely, but theres always a few things I dont tell them because they wouldnt really care to know.

Theres some things I've never even told on the Internet, and I wouldnt want people irl knowing either. I wouldnt admit them if it was asked directly, but thats not due to a lack of trust, I just would not feel comfortable with someone knowing those things.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2014
    It depends on the person and the degree of something.

~"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see"~

With that said, i guess there are times i don't trust even if i see something that proves it. <.<

Hairspray Queen

Satanoscillatemymetallics onat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    I trust people I know I can trust. And there really aren't all that many people I trust.

Back