• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you remember the day you got a specific game?

SuperGamecube64

The best console ever
    Years
    DO you distinctly recall the occasion you got a particular Pokemon game? I'm sure there have to be some great stories. The best one I have is of how I got Ruby.

So, I was already a Pokemaniac hen Gen 3 was coming out. The games had been out for about a week at this point, and I didn't have the, because I was broke. MY Birthday was nowhere in sight and it wasn't near Christmas, so those options were out. I was heading into wal-mart with my grandmother, and I was planning to go to the games section and stare at the box art. On the way through the parking lot, about $40 blew by in the wind, and I chased it down. I'm pretty sure you can just guess what I did with it.

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
    I was seven years old. My dad came back from a business trip to Malaysia with a new GBA and Pokemon Silver (the Gen III games weren't out yet). The only way I had played Pokemon before that was watching my friend play Red. That was the best day ever!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ummm I know I got Sapphire, Emerald, Colossem, and XD on release date, though I don't remember the actual dates. And then I bought FireRed on September 9, 04, Diamond and Pearl on April 22, 07, Platinum on March 22, 09, and Black on March 6, 11. I imported SoulSilver and White, so they came in a few days after release date. But for the most part, I like to buy my games on their release date. HeartGold came out close to my anniversary with someone and I had to buy them a gift, so I missed HG's English release date...but said person got me HG anyway sooo. :>

Oh but I do remember all the actual events that happened the days I got my games!!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    On the way to get Black and White with my friends we got in a car accident. The driver turned left when she shouldn't have and someone was going straight in the opposite direction...the person going straight swerved so it was just a sideswipe and not a head-on collision or anything like that. We had to stop in the parking lot of a Steak N Shake while it got worked out, but then we went and...got the games anyway. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I remember a few actually!

Black and White I remember most clearly. That day I had to go up to the shops on the bus which was crazy annoying and grab my "pre-order" from Dick Smith. Turns out they didn't have it in YET, so I cancelled the pre-order and went to EB Games, which I figured would have them (and if not I was dead :x) It was also early in the morning and I was in a rush so I went to EB Games, I saw the Victini banner up the top, and I remember a man talking to me in-store asking if I was getting them for my son (looool). So after feeling embarrassed I got the games & also brought the holographic book just cause, and then I walked out with a heavy shopping bag, waiting for the bus. Then I went home, went on IRC, turned on White, mentioned to everyone how excited I was, and played the games!

HeartGold, all I remember was just buying the games at night, so the starting down = boring. :(

I got R/B/Y on the day I was trying to capture Lugia. Pop went out and I remember him coming home, after I kept going, trying to capture Lugia, then he showed me R/B/Y. It was a cloudy day!

I got Sapphire on my birthday one year, as well as Colosseum, but that was the next year, iirc. I also think I got Ruby for Christmas.

I remember it was on Christmas day when I got LeafGreen, which was a cloudy Christmas (basically the only one), which is when my father came over with one of my uncles, and he had an argument with Pop apparently because he wanted to keep the game for himself (yes... that is my father) even though he had FireRed. Pop convinced him otherwise and I found it up on top of the fridge, basically.

I sadly don't remember getting Crystal or Gold. :( How disappointing. I'm sure I was very excited, though!

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    I clearly remember the day I got Pokemon Black. It was a rainy day and I had to go visit my grandmother at the nursing home. Yoshikkko convinced me to get Pokemon Black because she has White. I decided to go get it before I went to visit my grandmother. So there I was riding my bike all over the citywhile carrying Yoshi, in the rain. When we finally got home we were soaked, but at least we got to play Pokemon.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    I clearly remember the day I obtained every pokemon game, but I'll only do one. It was my birthday, and what was a fun thing to do on a birthday? A treasure hunt! I was sent all thoughout the house, looking for my presents, I found the minor things first of course, small gifts and a cake, but then hidden in a boot was my ultimate prize: Pokemon emerald.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I remember getting crystal at my local wal mart however I had to play it on the n64 using stadium 2 since I didn't ever own a gbc.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I remember the days I got each of the games! But I'll just say one of them. After being Pokemon fans for a few years my brother and I bought R/S from the local shops - or my mum bought us them, can't quite remember. It was a really sunny day (strange for Scotland I know..), so we went outside, sat on the bench in my garden and started our games at the exact same time. :P Yes we were that sad.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I love this thread for the amount of nostalgia it's bringing me.

I remember when I was about 7-8 (1997-1998) I got a black Gameboy Pocket and Pokemon Blue in my Christmas stocking. Best thing I ever received.

As for Pokemon Silver, I got it on Christmas of 2001 with a green gameboy color, link cable, light adapter, and the Gold/Silver guide. I lived with my cousins at that time and they got a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Gold too, so we played those games together non-stop.

Pokemon Sapphire, I purchased about a year or two ago for myself. I don't remember much about that one. The only other time I played Sapphire around it's release was by borrowing it from my cousins.

Pokemon Leaf Green, I purchase not too long after it came out by saving up my lunch money and buying it one weekend when I went out with my friend to a YuGiOh tournament at a local Books-A-Million. I had loads of fun replaying through Kanto!

Pokemon Diamond and a Red Nintendo DS Lite were the first things I purchased with the very first paycheck I ever received during my first job back in high school.
    These games got me back into pokemon.

MEMORIES.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Let's see, to the best of my memory:

Red - my brother got it for his birthday (October) the year of it's American release, '98 if I'm not mistaken.
    Blue - I got it for Christmas the same year.
    Yellow - I got it for my birthday (May) the year of it's release
    Crystal - My dad surprised me with it as a reward for good grades iirc.
    Ruby/Sapphire - My dad bought them on clearance when a local computer store was going out of business, about a year or so after release.
    Diamond/Pearl - The first pair that I bought with my own money. XD I got the from Best Buy sometime over the Spring of 2007
    HeartGold - I bought off eBay a week or so after release and it came a week later.
    White - *see HeartGold*

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Come to think of it, I seem to recall purchasing all of my Pokémon games, but nothing will top getting Blue — my first of the series. :D

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    I got Diamond in September 2007 I think. Platinum was release date, I went into GameStation and traded 3 games for it and I got it for 99p. :D

SoulSilver was release date, Black was the day after release date.

I only just realised since Platinum I've been so impatient with Pokemon games.

Years
    Pokemon Diamond 12th October 2007
    Pokemon Platinum 5th June 2009 (my birthday :P)
    The Sims 3 (PC): 5th June 2009

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I remember the first day I started playing Pokémon, it was when my parents bought me Pokémon Blue and I had a friend who had Pokémon Red, my sister with Pokémon Yellow so I started playing it and they began annoying me telling me what to do etc. albeit I was only 5 years old but still that is the day I began loving Pokémon and 13 years later I still do! Infact I remember the day I bought most of the Pokémon games.
    I also getting other memorable games like The Sims 1, 2 & 3. I got the Sims 3 on the actual release date which coincidently was a Friday my R.E exam so it was a nice finish to a stressful week and I played it for hours and still do now.

Years
    I remember that day when I played my first Pokemon game - Ruby.

Also, when I got Black in October 2011 I was so excited to play it!

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    I remember the day I sought Pokémon Soul Silver, I went looking around if any shop would sell it at the day before the release date. Nobody had the game telling me that they had to be sent back because of some 'malfunctioning'. But this one was excluded to Heart Gold. I went to that one store where I expected the least for the game to be there. At first I was turned down and told that I should come back tomorrow.

I was okay with it, I was one day too early after all. But one of their employees ran after me after a few seconds, asking me which game I wanted again and I ended up buying the game anyway.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I remember getting B/W several weeks after its release date, during my spring break in Singapore. I also remember getting R/S at around May before leaving the US.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Only for Gold. it was the Christmas of my fifth birthday and my mom had bought it for me and played it as a Santa gift. She had no idea what it was, but other mothers told her that their kids loved it, so she got it for me. I never knew what Pokemon was until that morning when I unwrapped it, my Wario World 3, and my brand new, transparent-purple Game Boy Color.

Back