• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you remember the first Pokémon you ever caught?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pidgey. And it was the only Pokemon that I ever trained other than Totodile during my first time playing too hahah. Pidgeot was on level... 36 or so while Feraligatr was level 60 oops.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    My first one was a Poochyena on Ruby (I remember it because it's one of the early Pokémon.) I was quite fond of it, and it was the one Pokémon, besides my starter, that I didn't store on the PC. I remember it having a Fire-type move, probably Hidden Power, that made it my ace on my battle against the Ice-type Elite Four.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Yep! It was a Sentret in Silver. Unfortunately, I think I boxed it before I ever evolved it—a real shame seeing as Furret is so cute!

Last edited:
    Years
  • First Pokemon I caught it would have to be either Pidgey, Rattata, or Spearow in Blue.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    It would definitely have to be rattata. The first one I caught that I actually used as an asset on my team after I finally stopped overlevelling my starter though quite possibly Nidoran.

Years
  • pidgey. remember it was on my save where i picked bulbasaur. pidgey line is good and useful through my kanto playthrough

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Pidgey in Pokémon Red. :)

I remember I kept Gust on it all throughout the Elite Four lol.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • So since my first game was PMD Blue, technically I think my first one was a Poochyena (excluding the gift Magnemite).

But since we're talking trainer games, I think it was a Starly named Carly. I still have her on my Moon version I believe.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • Pidgey in Pokemon Gold. Took it all the way to Mt. Silver and it turned into my first lv100 as a Pidgeot

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Mine was a Zubat in Pokemon Red. It took me a while to get the hang of the whole catching thing, and consequently, I didn't bother trying it until I reached Mt. Moon. That said, I don't believe I ever used that Zubat, though I did nickname it. I pretty much did a solo run with Blastoise my first play through, and I'm not sure how many other Pokemon I bothered to use until I restarted my file sometime later. The original file should still be backed up on a Mega Memory Card somewhere, so perhaps I should look for it at some point.

Years
  • Even though I've got memories of the first time I watched the Pokemon anime and the first time I opened a pack of cards from the TCG, I actually have no idea what the first Pokemon that I caught was. I earliest memory I have of catching any Pokemon was Mewtwo back on my cousin's Yellow, but I knew how to catch Pokemon at that point, so I must've caught something before that.

The first Pokemon I caught in a game that I owned was probably a Sentret in Pokemon Gold, but I don't even remember the starter I picked on my first playthrough, so I might be completely wrong on that, too.

Years
  • I don't remember! So sad. But seeing as it happened about 19 years ago, it's not too surprising. My guess is that it was Pidgey... but we'll never know.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
    Years
  • The first I ever caught was surprisingly a shiny Lotad in Pokemon Emerald. I actually didn't know what a shiny was at that point, so when I saw other lotad were all different, I released it becasue I was afraid I would break my game

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2019
    ....I actually don't remember, in my defense I was 8, but by process of elimination and some logic since my first game was Gold I'm going to assume it was either a Pidgey, a Rattata or a Sentret.

Years
  • Female Nidoran in Yellow. It was on one of my friend's save. I have fond memories of using her, even though it was only for few days. I beat Brock thanks to her and got up to the Cerulean City. When I played Yellow on my own for the 1st time I caught another one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I'm not even sure (it was 20 years ago lol) but I think it wasa a pidgey in pokemon red. Or a ratatta I guess but I feel like pidgey would have called out to me more because of the anime

Back