• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you share a name with a pokemon character?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Basically what the title says. Can be an important character, npc, random trainer, anything in the franchise.

Years
    • Seen today
    There's probably an NPC who shares my name in every game, since it's kind of generic.

Years
  • My name is the same as the male protagonist/rival from the Hoenn games

922164f7be650e03d91bb94f7e3725af.gif

Years
  • My real name is also only used by generic trainers, sadly, although it has been used by different classes of trainers, so there is that going for me.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Unless there is someone named Bart or Charlie in any pokemon dubs then yes, otherwise no

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Team Valor's leader is literally one letter off my name and it doesn't even matter since they're pronounced the same way anyway as mine has two "L"s instead of one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In Spanish, the fairy type trial thingy leader on the last island is called Rika which is close to Riki. Mina in English, Matsurika in Japanese. Other than that, I doubt there's anyone. Gym leader Erika is ofc also pretty close but nah.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's a character in the anime named Stella who shows up for like one episode. There's likely some random ass NPC trainer with my name too. That's all I'm aware of.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Kory? definitely not. Never seen a trainer named Kory in a single Pokemon game. Maybe Corey, but never the way I spell it. The anime had a kid name Khoury, but like that's the most ridiculous spelling I've ever fucking seen.

Back