• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you smoke or drink?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Don't do any since... I just don't wanna get into that. I'll stick to water. :)

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    i do neither. i hate the smell of cigeratte smoke, and i do know for a fact that starting will eventually get me hooked, as i know lots of hardcore smokers started out with experimentation.
    as for drinking, i can't stand the taste of alcoholic beverages. although i've tried to get myself to at least like beer and wine, i really hate their bitter and sharp tastes.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I don't smoke, and I don't plan to. Made a promise to my dad that I wouldn't (still keeping it today).

I drink every other weekend, but I'm a designated driver so at times I don't drink *as heavily* as most days. Beer is my main drink, and then there's the occasional tequila and vodka sometimes.

Years
    Use to smoke - it was a stressful time in my life and it calmed me. Obviously, it didn't really, it was just the mental thought that it calmed me.

I do drink - I don't really get that drunk anymore; not a student now. I do drink every so often when going out or I will have a pint in the bar at University with some mates when I have finished work.
    Don't go out that often, but when I do, I do drink a lot, but I can drink a lot anyway. I never get to the state where I can't remember anything or so drunk I can't look after myself; is just horrid.​

Years
    Smoking? No. Drinking? Only very rarely (1 time a year maybe) in the 'typical' sense and even then I almost never get actually drunk, I do like drinking a beer or two when watching TV or whatever though, especially during the warmer seasons.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Even others would entice me to do that, I would never ever drink or smoke. I want to live a long and healthy life. Not a long, unhealthy and torturous life. I've seen to many suffered the consequences of doing that, even on an irregular basis.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    As for drinking, I made the executive decision not to start. If you never start, you'll miss it, right? I also fear I have an addictive personality, so I find it's just better never to open that can of worms. Also it tastes terrible and I object to the mentality I see in people my age all around me; they started drinking when they were 15 or 16 and now they start to feel like there's no social gathering that should be without alcohol. It's almost as though they need alcohol now, in order to have fun. I just don't want to be like that.
    I agree with mah man Andy here! I don't drink. I've never tasted it. I will never taste it. Tis all.

As for smoking, yes. I smoke cigarettes when I'm extremely bored (This only started recently, so yeah), and I smoke at least one cigar a week. Why? It tastes good, it's relaxing, and it just gets one's mind off things. I love lying on my back, looking at the clear sky, and smoking something with a pure taste.

For instance, this be me smoking a cigar:
    Spoiler:

And this is me right this second holding a Cohiba to the webcam :)
    Spoiler:

It's just something that's fun (: (I bought two of those damn things for $70, I ain't smoking them till I know I'm dying :b)

Ayselipera

I don't drink because of my diet and I'll smoke if offered.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I find smoking disgusting. (Weed smells terrible so while I don't mind the concept, I hate when people smoke it. Tobacco is both gross and horrible for you so I tend to think less of people who smoke it.) I will never smoke anything, I don't think. It doesn't appeal to me in the slightest and I'd never want to get addicted to anything.

I don't drink much, either. I've never really been drunk before--buzzed, sure--but I don't like the idea of getting drunk, nevermind blackout-level or something. I already get high off of painkillers by necessity often enough... I hate that and would never lessen my inhibitions on purpose. It kinda sucks since after all my friends turned 19 (the drinking age here), all our parties involve alcohol and I'm usually the only one who stays totally sober the whole time. I also can't drink within ~4 hours of taking my sleeping pills at night so even if I did want to get drunk, it'd have to be in the afternoon which is no fun at all. :P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'd rather waste spend my money on books and games than poisoning myself. Just a weird decision I took some years ago.

I do drink though- a beer with lemon every once in a while, when I go out with my friends to watch football or something. I don't think drinking is necessary to have a good time, quite the contrary- drink too much and your memories won't be exactly that good.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I used to smoke way more than I do now, but I'm cutting down hard right now due to health issues and Morkula nagging me to stop lol.

But as for alcohol yes please. I love drinking and... I probably do it far too much given my age now, the age I started, and the state of my health. But I guess I feel like, with alcohol, the positives outweigh the negatives right now. I'll probably kick myself for saying that in a few years time but drinking just makes me feel really good and I enjoy it a lot.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I don't smoke. I've tried a cigarette once back when I was about 15 and it just reinforced my feelings towards all things tobacco related. It tastes repulsive, it smells repulsive and it has more-than-negative consequences towards your health. All in all, a very bad package for your body. I've also tried marijuana fairly recently for the first time and, again, the experience was what I expected. I approve of marijuana more than tobacco (mainly because the effects towards your body isn't nearly as bad) but it's still not for me. The effects were cool, but it's nothing I need in my life or my system, to be honest. Also, there is a chance of becoming addicted to marijuana (and indeed tobacco) which doesn't sound like something I want. Essentially, I don't smoke anything and I don't plan to anytime in the future.

As for drinking, I do it on occasion. The last time I drank was two weeks ago when I was gaming on a Friday night and I thought a bottle of Apple Cider (my favourite type of alcohol) would help me relax - which it did. I'm not the type to drink for the sake of drinking or to get drunk, I simply have a glass or two of my favourite drinks mainly to enjoy the taste and to relax. The last time I've been properly drunk was on my 16th birthday when I didn't quite know how to handle my alcohol. I do enjoy certain types of alcohol (mainly cider; beer and vodka are not for me) but I'm not the type to drink too often. Once in a while is good for me and my body (I remember reading somewhere that drinking alcohol responsibly helps your liver) so I think I'll keep things that way.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Neither.
    I tried smoking once before... HECK NO.
    I drank a small sip of beer before... TOO BITTER, HECK NO TOO.

So technically, none. I love living healthy.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I think smoking is the most disgusting thing in the universe and if you smoke you should stop and certainly don't smoke near me because I will claw your eyes out. So no. I don't smoke. I will never smoke. It's just so pointless: "Oh look at me I'm putting tar on my lungs and making my health atrocious yeahh."
    Okay do that to yourself but have the courtesy not to smoke around other people, some of us actually like the idea of being healthy. Weed is uh... An odd matter, I know a lot of people who smoke it and while I wouldn't be adverse to smoking it I wouldn't actively seek it out. Maybe in Amsterdam.

As for drinking that's a different matter. I don't drink often but when I do, I do. I like alcohol and I like drinking, it's not necessary to have a good time of course - But it helps - And it gives you excuses to do things you wouldn't normally do. I don't see any harm in drinking as long as you're careful, there are adverse effects but they take a long time to develop and most people are smart enough to moderate their intake.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    i don't do not this not that..not only because i'm a good girl and my religion doesn't allow drinking but also i wanna keep my health for the few years i'm gonna live in the future :3 ^^

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I told myself a long time ago, I'd choose one. Either I'd ruin my lungs, or I'd ruin my liver.......right now my lungs are super healthy! :D I'm currently drinking right now but only a cup. I don't over drink aka binge drink unless i'm at a party. I usually drink to relax. A nice back with some vodka or tequila mellows me out.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Smoke weed every now and then, and I love the taste of liquor sometimes, like Gold Strike (though I don't like the golden stuff in it lol). Anyways I don't intend to actually get drunk, and I never got buzzed either but I wouldn't mind it. Not too often though.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I smoke occasionally at High School, since a lot of my friends smoke; it's always pleasant to smoke a little cigarette with them during the break. Then I like smoking at parties, tobacco or weed, but I try to avoid the second one too often. I don't want to smoke weed more than once a month. I'm not dependent on tobacco, If I want, I can stop. I don't need it at all. But I appreciate to smoke sometimes.

Concerning alcohol I love drinking at parties, to be merry, tipsy. And I never transgress the limits, I think it's useless to drink so much that you end up sick as hell. Then, I'd never drink alone. Even not a little beer ! Anyway I don't like beer...

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Gave up smoking a few years ago after smoking throughout highschool, rather silly of me considering my place on the football team whatever.

I drink a bit, not so much that i'll wreck my health though. I don't really read into the x amount of units per hour sort of stuff but I doubt I exceed that too often.

Back