• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you spend time with your family?

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
  • I spend more time with some members of the fam' than others, but I spend time with all of them a decent amount.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Ever since I've moved out, I go back to my parents' house every Sunday to eat dinner and hang out for the evening. It used to be that way since my old apartment didn't have a washer and dryer, so I did all my laundry over there. My current apartment has one, so now I just go over to hang out. I didn't like it at first, as my parents and I have never really gotten along. Our interests have never matched up, and I felt like they were judging me on everything I did, so I just stopped interacting with them for a couple years. Being out from under their constant gaze has done wonders for my stress, and since I'm not always around, my parents are just happy I'm there. Our relationship is actually getting better, and although there's still a ways to go, it's getting there.

Years
  • I actually spend most of my time with them, since I live at home still. I don't mind it either, I get along with them.
    There's also the fact that our apartment is small so we can't really go THAT far from each other.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I live with my mom, older brother, and grandma. But my "parents" and I don't share any common interests, and don't get along most of the time, either. Spending time with them is uncomfortable and stressful, with my brother being the exception since he's kinder to me and we have a lot more in common. Either way, I'm usually in my room on the internet 24/7, unless they forcefully drag me out somewhere. As for my extended family, getting to see them at all is rare; most of my family is from Michigan, but the four of us moved last summer and wouldn't be able to see our other family members if we wanted to. Even when we did still live in the midwest, though, we hardly ever saw, heard from, or visited them since we're pretty solitary people.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm usually the one doing the cooking and such around here, since I take care of my mom nowadays, so we still spend plenty of time together. Sometimes too much, and have points where I just have to leave and go places or see friends, haha.

The rest of my family are.. not such nice people, and I haven't seen them in yeeears. Don't want to.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • I see my mother everyday since I live with her, but the rest of my family is different. I only get to see them once a year or every other year. My brother and grandfather try to visit once a year since they live in Texas and I live in Canada with my mom. I haven't seen my uncle in six years, so I'm hoping to go back home for a visit next year. I really miss all the times I would spend with my family, but now I don't really get to enjoy that anymore.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I try to, but honestly things have been a bit stressful with my parents lately due to my dad's job and they have kind of just wanted their time alone as have I, so it's been eating dinner together mostly but then not much else.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I do, but not until recently I'd consider myself spending time with my family a lot more than I usually do. I'm very avoidant of spending time with any people outside of my immediate family. I've been getting along with my older sister (who's one year older than me) because we've been watching movies or television with each other a lot more and talk more while doing so. On the weekends if not doing so in the weekdays I'll try and spend some time with my Mom and my other sister, but that's usually when I have nothing to do. My immediate family thinks I'm a hermit so at least they can probably say otherwise now lol.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Immediate family: A good amount.

Extended family: I believe in more than 2-3 days together is too much. It becomes an unhealthy relationships outside of that. My dad and I try to limit our time hanging out with extended family for too much.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • It's usually just my mom and I.
    However, I love when we have family barbecues and my aunt, uncle, grandma, brothers, cousins, etc. all come over.
    Those memories are invaluable.

Years
  • Only a handful of times a year. Not because I hate them, but because I don't have a car and my closest family member is 1.5 hours away. If I still lived with my family, I'd see them daily and talk with 'em. I just have no interest in moving out of my current town for awhile.

On occasion my parents will drive down to see me for a day. That depends on their schedules though. It happens when it happens. They know I'm off weekends so they just have to tell me when they're coming.

I meet up with the immediate family for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year too, which involves either my sister or my mom driving and then going up to Lincoln. It's the only time of year all the kids and grandkids are together since my sister and I live out of state.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • Sometimes more than I'd like, considering I live with them. However I usually spend most of my time in my room when I'm home unless we're eating or they need to me to run some errands with them. The only person I'm more or less okay with in my family, is my mom, and that's because she does most of the talking in our conversations. I have pretty strained, distant relationships with my siblings and parents for the most part. I just don't enjoy them, we have very little to relate to and they're not particularly pleasant.

I used to be around my extended family a lot, but since all of us are mostly grown up we have such little time anymore for each other, even on holidays. Which is a slight shame because I actually enjoy being around them, but its not that big of a deal to me.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    tumblr_nktoyb9MZI1qzw8c0o1_500.png

Essentially me.

I do try to make it a point to talk to my parents every day, but sometimes I spend all day in my room on the computer due to being exhausted from work. My family has never been particularly close. Family dinners were never an occurrence in my house, and even holidays aren't a time for family gatherings. It's not that we don't get along. It's just that my family prefers to be distant.

As for my extended family, most of them have passed away. I'm left with two uncles: one I haven't seen in years (and my cousins on that side of the family I have never met) and the other lives down the street from me so we stop in every once in a while. There are other relatives connected to the family in some way, but they're very awkward to be around so we avoid them at all costs.

Yukari

I was on vacation with my family for 5 days. Go figure. c:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't live with either of my parents, but when I lived at home we always ate dinner together as a family. When I visit either of my parents, we still eat together (although sometimes just on the couch now instead of sitting down at the table for a proper meal). Otherwise, since I don't get home too terribly often, I guess we spend a fair bit of time together when I do visit. My dad and I, not so much. Even when I try to sit in the same room he kind of just ignores me and watches TV or wanders off somewhere else after I've made the effort to come sit by him so I always wonder why I even try. :v Mom and I get along really well though and will spend hours talking or doing whatever when I'm there.

I live with my brother sometimes (he moved back for the school term as of a week ago) but he's almost never home so I don't see him too often. When he is home, though, we tend to hang out and play video games, watch Netflix, or we just sit and talk (or sit in silence on our computers too, lol). Sometimes we cook for each other and eat dinner while watching something, too. My brother and I have always been pretty close so we're basically good friends. :v I wonder if it has to do with us being each other's only friends for a while each time we'd move when we were kids?

So I guess in the end I feel pretty close to both my mom and brother but not my dad. We don't have much in common and once he and my mom divorced, I kinda realized that even when they lived together I only ever spoke to him if he happened to be home while I was skyping with mom or actually visiting so now it's kinda awkward. I really only end up talking to him now when I am physically at his house or if I'm sending an email out to the whole family... :s

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    No. I live with them, but I don't really spend any time with them.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    No. I actually go out of my way to AVOID my family.

Even though we live in the same house, I stay locked up in my room for most of the time and only come out at night when they're asleep or when I need to bathroom/eat sadly. It makes it difficult to cook or do very much of anything, but being around them is just immensely unpleasant. I can't wait to move out, so I can just not have to see them at all. I've been with these people for too long and I pretty much resent them for all of the damage they've done.

Doesn't make it any better that we have NOTHING in common. My parents were born and raised in a completely different country and don't speak English so well. So there's also a language barrier in addition to the multitude of other things that usually separate parents and their kids. Blood is honestly meaningless to me, and a poor excuse to spend time with people anyway. If you want my respect and my time, you earn it. It's not something I'm born into.

The only family member I'm interested in spending time with is my sister, since she speaks proper English and feels the same way about those people as I do. But she doesn't live here and our schedules don't match up so much due to me being mostly nocturnal (which I can't really control because my fiance's job influences our schedule), so it's only occasional.

No worries though. I'm not alone in my tiny cramped room. I live with my fiance, so I still get human interaction. :3 He's my new family, and the reason why I will be able to eventually leave this place finally. Once the finances get settled...

Back